• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Win 10 splash screen color code.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lynchmob72

Registered
I'm sorry if this info is buried somewhere, but a quick google search brought up nothing. I am certain that the color of the splash screen coincides with the current health of your PC, and i'm hoping someone here has a color code key. Anyone have any ideas? thanks in advance :)

Nothing to do with the “health of the PC” as far as I know, standard is purple/blue, you pick it when you install Windows. Also have no idea how to change it :(

If it had to do with pc health then after Windows Defender scan and removal of infection it should be gone back to blue. I only know that you can change those colors upon installation or later in win settings. Also I have no idea what you mean by color code key....

Well, the first time i noticed it, my lil brothers PC was slowing down. He had it all bogged down and was getting worse. His splash screen changed from blue to red. After i cleaned up his HD ans startup programs and whatnot, it went back to blue. Myu PC splash screen is usually blue, but one time it was green. I'm not sure if that was for updates being installed or from windows defender. It went back to blue on it's own.
Now, after i plugged my pc in post hurricane Irma, my Occulus rift is giving me a hardware error, and my nvidia surround keeps dropping out. My current splash screen is gray.
I feel like this is not random, but by design.

DKaPYEzW4AE8i0u.jpg This is what it looks like now

Last edited by a moderator:
Try Rift on another machine to see is it foult of VR or not. Smells like some odd virus...

I've seen the W10 splash screen in different colors (chosen by W10). I think an ugly aqua color when W10 "failed to start", when it was normally blue.

My machine was acting a little funny, but i updated my video drivers and now it's back to blue. It's an amazing coincidence, but i suppose most coincidences are.

Back