• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rosetta Status

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Awesome. I just re-activated my 939 rig (athlon x2 3800+ @ 2.5) doing rosetta too.. small points but still points!

UW somehow shot back ahead of us by 5000 points, Team 2ch up by 10,000. Grrr.

Yeah, they'll do that. UK BOINC Team tried to do the same thing when we passed them during the harvest, but were unsuccessful.

A lot of these teams(such as UK BOINC Team) are not just Rosetta teams but BOINC teams with machines on many projects. The team captains can shift power from one project to another depending on who's in danger of getting passed.

The UW Nebula is an ingenious system that they put together. Essentially you pay for the hardware of a laptop and UW takes care of all the licensing of basic software and provides some domain level features. One piece of software they throw onto the laptop is Boinc.

I'll be honest though, I will get some satisfaction when we pass by my school in RAC. :comp:

The UW Nebula is an ingenious system that they put together. Essentially you pay for the hardware of a laptop and UW takes care of all the licensing of basic software and provides some domain level features. One piece of software they throw onto the laptop is Boinc.

I'll be honest though, I will get some satisfaction when we pass by my school in RAC. :comp:

Are you UW?

I have my 939 machine up and running mint crunching its little dual core heart out (athlon x2 3800+ @ 2.5) It won't get much, but every point counts. Just got my KVM switch today too so i can work on getting my 2nd 939 up and running along side it.

I have my 939 machine up and running mint crunching its little dual core heart out (athlon x2 3800+ @ 2.5) It won't get much, but every point counts. Just got my KVM switch today too so i can work on getting my 2nd 939 up and running along side it.

That's right. Thank you. :)

I've been accidentally running at 4ghz instead of 3470 for the last three days.
Oops!

In other news, full rosetta load@4ghz gives ~65*c core temps. Gotta love xiggy 1283s :D

No wonder you're hard to catch. We've been playing cat and mouse for a couple days.

Fun fact: At the moment I am writing this message our team has an RAC of 127,696. If you add up the RAC of just our top 20 members, our RAC is still 107,926. That means if our team was made up of only our top 20 members, we'd still be #8 on the Top Teams list, and we'd be ahead of all 1141 members of the Canadian team.

Booyah!

I left it at 4ghz, too :D
I think you'll probably catch me eventually if both your boxes are in the 4ghz range, I only have this one and my work box which is an e5200 (dual core)@3.2 or so.

This team is amazing, I'm constantly impressed by it.

EDIT:
Plus I'll be shutting down for chunks of weekends and evenings in the coming month for benching in FW. We need to take the title back!

Last edited:
im still draining off my seti units.. soon as thats done I'll have everything on my main rig on rosetta and should have 2nd sissy 939 system up and running in < week.. no where near top 20 for us, but w/e!

Back