• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Xbox Input Machine 4 (XIM4)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

moho

I wanna title tooo !
Anyone get in the August 1st launch?
If so do you like it? waiting for them to come back in stock, not gonna pay scalpers $200+ on ebay.
Been using my XBone with the Xim3+ChronusMax and it is OK, not the best.

I don't understand.

This thing allows inputs of keyboard, mice joysticks etc.
Perhaps it's just me, but why even bother?

The PC can do all this + more.

Or does it do more?

I don't understand.

Or does it do more?

in a game like a fps... kb/mouse > controller all day.

so if you have someone with a kb/mouse playing against all these people with controllers, that person is going to have a big advantage.

worth it? no.
ethical? no.

but that's the basic argument i've seen.

in a game like a fps... kb/mouse > controller all day.

so if you have someone with a kb/mouse playing against all these people with controllers, that person is going to have a big advantage.

worth it? no.
ethical? no.

but that's the basic argument i've seen.

unless you have never played with controllers, then it evens the playing field.
I literally can get a .1 k/d ratio with a controller that is how much i suck at controllers.
Ethical? lol, im talking about a game here, not life or death. You want to talk ethical i can think of 1 million things, happening in the world today, better being debated about being ethical, than games.

I don't understand.

Or does it do more?

you can use almost any input device for controls. I like to use the PS Nav controller as the left stick and mouse as the right stick. plus you can do many more things like PC driving wheels etc.

Last edited:
unless you have never played with controllers, then it evens the playing field.
I literally can get a .1 k/d ratio with a controller that is how much i suck at controllers.
Ethical? lol, im talking about a game here, not life or death. You want to talk ethical i can think of 1 million things, happening in the world today, better being debated about being ethical, than games.

Idk, you take someone that's really good with a controller and someone that's really good with a kb/mouse, the kb/mouse will slaughter the controller person.

you can argue all you want so you can feel better about yourself, but when you give yourself an unfair advantage specifically in a multiplier environment, it's not ethical.

Idk, you take someone that's really good with a controller and someone that's really good with a kb/mouse, the kb/mouse will slaughter the controller person.

you can argue all you want so you can feel better about yourself, but when you give yourself an unfair advantage specifically in a multiplier environment, it's not ethical.

i didnt start this thread to debate this.
:rolleyes:

I've always been curious to how well these actually work in games and such. Is it pretty flawless?

Some games I could see having a keyboard/mouse combo would be nice. Though of course other times, I just want to be comfortable and just give me a controller to relax.

I've always been curious to how well these actually work in games and such. Is it pretty flawless?

Some games I could see having a keyboard/mouse combo would be nice. Though of course other times, I just want to be comfortable and just give me a controller to relax.

Its pretty close... There are"smart translators" that are developed for almost every game, they make each game pretty close to perfect control.
Although yes, it is much more comfortable playing forza with a controller ; )

Most people use them for using 3rd party controllers designed for different consoles on their own consol, and fps games

Got mine in August. Using it for Destiny. I don't really care about pvp so I don't wanna hear any unfair discussions. Just want to go through the Destiny story line. Working pretty good even with no official Destiny controller mapping yet.

Back