• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DayZ standalone

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If they have not fixed the lame 'gentlemen's side step' over fences, I am not getting it!

It's now a hop other than step over. Don't know if its still in DayZ or not but they added more animations. Jump may be when you're running to give you more of that feeling of just trying to get out fast but I can see them keeping the step over AKA The "Gentlemen's side step" when you're being more sneaky.

My main gripe was that if you have a flesh eating zombie chasing you, I don't think you would be doing the gentlemen's side step over a picket fence. You would be hurling yourself over it!

Aside from that, I am excited to check out the standalone...

there,s now some videos of it on yourtube .. looks like arma 3 ,, i was told they all fell out but guess not :)

use the edit button... i already added your server to our server list, please stop spamming it through the forums or your probably gonna get banned pretty fast, its annoying.

dang they really cleaned up the melee combat.

Wow, the work on getting the kill on sight aspect out a little by adding damage to all items on the enemy was a great idea. I like the new inventory setup too. That old one was plain stupid.

Wow, the work on getting the kill on sight aspect out a little by adding damage to all items on the enemy was a great idea. I like the new inventory setup too. That old one was plain stupid.

Yeah and will add more endgame since items retain damage even if you survive encounters with people and zombies you'll need to replace it so you'll need to keep finding cloths and items.

A year ago this was originally projected to release. And also a year ago the disaster that was War Z's steam release probably made Rocket think the lack of competition meant this could be pushed back after all.

Good news everyone! Already bought... I may have to go home sick now.....

Attachments

• DayZ stand.PNG
    DayZ stand.PNG
    277.4 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
So are we gonna band together and terrorize some servers like we used to do in that other game that shall not be mentioned until the hackers ruined it?
I'm in!

Back