• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DayZ standalone

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Right now I still think its too much PVP I've been killed so many times even just as a fresh spawn with nothing but a battery to my name! When people have more to loose I hope it helps people not to be so aggressive towards every player right away. There's just been a high influx of Bandits because people got so scared.

Which doesn't really bug me as much as people ghosting. (Logging out, moving to a new server, Move their character to a new location, Log back into the original server and shoot you.) THAT I can't stand.

Guy has over million views in 24hrs. Wow.

And as mentioned earlier, many of the players on the Steam forums are stupid as hell. I don't know how Rocket could have done a better job warning people this game was Alpha.

Yeah. He didn't try and release too much and gave ample warning both prior to launch and on launch lol he does better then most Big props to a young guy taking on such a big project like this with not much under his belt.

All i've seen from this game has been streamers on twitch.tv running around aimlessly for 10 minutes picking up axes, and rotten apples and then dying over and over.

Must say looks like a stupid game so far.

All i've seen from this game has been streamers on twitch.tv running around aimlessly for 10 minutes picking up axes, and rotten apples and then dying over and over.

Must say looks like a stupid game so far.

ever play a survival game?

chances those same players would succumb to Darwin's theory if anything ever happened haha.

Just started playing the early access today. Have to wonder though as the development of the game gets further along, will the price of the game increase?

@wetlayed. Yes it will go up in price at the point if the beta then on full release it will go up again. It's following the same Model as ARMA 3 did.

@Methal: DayZ is not for everyone. It requires a lot of patience and skill. It is at its heart a Zombie survival simulator so you can expect long runs\drives to get where you're going a desperate never ending battle to fight off hunger, thirst, Disease, zombies and the worst other players! It's best played in a group of friends to help watch your back. DayZ is brutal and unforgiving down to its core, and because of its utter brutality and unforgiving nature, I love it, masochism is a required trait to truly enjoy this game. Good luck and god speed.

P.S. Don't eat the rotten fruit... It will, Kill you.

Just started playing the early access today. Have to wonder though as the development of the game gets further along, will the price of the game increase?

more than likely on the second launch it will be around $40 when it's not on sale, but after the first week they'll prob. put a decent sale on it so a bunch of people buy it, then they'll lift the sale so those peoples friends that like the game have to pay more. so when you hear "man this dayz game sure is a lot better now" know the price is about to sky rocket

Omg just tooooo EPIC.. If all servers and players played like this and did not combat log...

I'll never get how people can sit and watch streamers and then throw money at them on top of it.

@SteveLord I agree I'll watch game streams for a little bit just so that I can get a feel for a game but not just sit there over and over.

@ryan Because there aren't any private servers right now it really doesn't matter since your character carriers over to all the other servers. If you're newer to the game start with low pop servers since right now people are being pretty brutal.

@Ryan Because there aren't any private servers right now it really doesn't matter since your character carriers over to all the other servers. If you're newer to the game start with low pop servers since right now people are being pretty brutal.

Probably the WarZ crowd. I wonder if a smaller audience for the mod meant a better community? Will more popularity for the standalone change that or is every just that bored right now?

Probably the WarZ crowd. I wonder if a smaller audience for the mod meant a better community? Will more popularity for the standalone change that or is every just that bored right now?

Personally I think its a combo of things. 1 people are a little board and can't go out and actually scavenge and build camps and strong holds etc. A lot of people don't trust so they will always shoot first if they are in an area with someone because they think if they don't kill them now they're good as dead.

And yeah just a lot of bandits I do try and help people when I can especially when i'm in a group who has my back. but... We've also been known to take the blood of fresh spawns... I mean not like they'll really loose anything lol.

I think once people can really store things and have more gear to protect it will be better when you spend all day looking for car parts and you finally find that tire maybe you won't be so inclined to start a fight. Only time will tell I guess.

yeah I'm getting my *** kicked and I'm having a hard time getting ANY supplies, Although I'm happy with my pc's performance, do you think I'll get any performance improvements as the game continues

Back