• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PS4 and XBOX One resolution

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SMOKEU

Is anyone else here disappointed that neither of these consoles have native support for anything more than 1080p? I was interested in buying one or the other (excuse the pun), but if I want to play at a mobile phone screen resolution, then I'd just buy a better phone. In this day and age I certainly expect a lot more, especially since these consoles will have an intended lifespan of many years before the next iteration is released. When will 1080p die?!

1080p won't die until higher resolution tvs are common place (good luck on that anytime soon).

The hardware inside the consoles won't run a game at 4K (next step from 1080p I would guess), as it takes extreme PC hardware to be able to run it right now.

There's a lot of upcoming games that don't even run on 1080p on the new consoles, I doubt they'll support anything higher.

Back