• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DayZ standalone

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Tried, hasn't worked.

One time I lost my character data, so I restarted as a new character and geared him up. After I logged out, I lost that character and it restored my previous one. It's breaking the game for me. I've lost 5 fully geared characters. Not worth playing til it's fixed.

You can also have 2 chars (technically 4, "stable" and "experimental" versions of each), regular and hardcore.

Change Log - 0.42.116181
Community Announcements - Hicks_206
Known Issues:
Physics: Item throwing physics is currently disabled
Melee: Cannot conduct melee attack from "lowered" melee stance (press space to chance stance to "raised")

New:
Actions: Vomiting have associated sound effects
Actions: Ballistic helmet variants can be painted to black and green color with spraycan
Actions: Can check pulse on unconscious players
Actions: Searching for berries will now add berries to your inventory
Actions: Eat All now supported for consumables
Actions: You can catch rain into canteen and water-bottle from inventory
Animations: New Ruger 10/22 reload animations
Animations: New Ruger MKII Reload animations.
Animations: Player now can sit with gun/weapon
Animations: Completely new two-handed melee animations. New right-handed poses, moves and attacks for axes, baseball bat, pipewrench, crowbar, fire extinguisher, shovel, farming hoe. "Low" and "Aim" stances introduced for stand, crouch and prone.
Crafting: SKS painting recipe
Crafting: You can paint firefighter axe black and green
Crafting: Blaze 95 painting recipe
Environment: New rock textures
Food: Sambucus berry item added
Food: Canina berry item added
Gear: added black and UN ballistic helmet variants
Gear: Sickle added into loot spawns
Gear: 1911 engraved version configure added to loot spawns
Gear: Can opener can be used as melee weapon
Gear: Box of 10 bucks shots added configured and added to loot spawns
Gear: Wool Coat red/black/brown/blue/green/grey/check variants added
Gear: Green and black variant of SKS
Gear: Green and black variant of firefighter axe added
Gear: Flat Cap red/black/brown/blue/green/grey/check variants added
Gear: Rabbit leg, boar steak and chicken breasts added
Gear: Fresh and rotten tomato configured and spawning on the server
Gear: Fresh and rotten potato configured and spawning on the server
Gear: Fresh and rotten Green Bell Pepper configured and spawning on the server
Gear: Canned Peaches configured and spawning on the server
Gear: Tactical bacon configured and spawning on the server
Gear: Hard headgear (ballistic, moto, construction and pilot helmets) cannot be wear together with masks
Gear: Sporter 22, CR75, Amphibia S, 1911 and respective magazines and ammo (22LR and 9mm) added to spawns
Gear: Wool Coats and Flat Caps added to spawns
Gear: Farming hoe configured and spawns
Gear: Long wooden ash stick
Gear: M4 attachment green variants added
Graphics: Adding lights to currently rendered scene changed
Graphics: Lighting from objects now is rendered during daytime also
Graphics: HDR improved and tweaked slightly to perform better with bright lights in scene (i.e. flashlights etc...)
Graphics: Engine supported point source light objects (e.g. Gaslamp) now working correctly
Map: Olsha has been updated
Map: Khelm has been updated
Map: New rock formations outside Svetlo have been created
Map: New Orthodox Chapel has been created
Map: Police Stations & Medical Centers have been placed across the map
Map: Village pub configured for spawning loot
Map: New villages surrounding Svetlo
Map: Chernaya Polana town + surroundings added
Map: Signs for "Chernaya Polana" added
Medical: Players can have a heart attack (declared as "irregular pulse" with pulse checking actions)
Weather: Rain, Clouds, Wind, calculated on server and distributed to clients
Weather: Rain now causes items and player to become wet
Zombies: Simple respawn mechanic implemented for zombies, pending more robust method

Fixed:
Actions: Added 'inUseItem' back to action on target function
Actions: Proper nutritional value will be added when eating near empty food
Actions: Berry picking script messages to player improved.
Actions: Removed duplicate option for crafting splint in action menu
Actions: Fixed force drink message for action with waterbottle
Actions: Eat all rice animation length modified
Actions: Force feeding action now depletes right amount of food/drinks
Actions: Water Bottle stays in hands after force drinking
Actions: Eating cereals won't leave you with 0% box in your inventory anymore
Actions: Fluids deplete properly after force drinking action
Actions: Removed force feed action for disinfectant and alcohol tincture
Actions: Crafting splint from bandages now uses whole disposable bandage and half of dressing bandage
Actions: Ruined rags/bandages and wooden sticks doesn't produce infinite splints
Actions: Clicking on Eat All action if amount of food is below 1/4 will result in playing only short eating animation
Actions: Edited player messages in force drink action and fixing broken limbs
Actions: Force feed/drink doesn't use whole quantity of some food/drink items also canteen is not destroyed after action
Actions: Player message for drinking from well
Animations: Bandage and eating pills animation glitch fixed.
Animations: Holding animations of various weapon magazines correctly linked
Animations: Player can now be properly knocked out while in water.
Animations: New M4A1 reload animations.
Animations: Various glitches when moving / changing stances fixed.
Animations: Rolling left/right while zoomed in sights makes player zoom out for the duration of the roll.
Animations: Evade animations in prone (Q and E) are faster now.
Audio: Subsonic projectiles no longer emit supersonic crack
Balance: Buffed damage of 762x39, 9mm, .22LR. Slightly nerfed shotgun pellets
Gear: Added color variants of ballistic helmets into loot spawns
Gear: Purification tablets package contains ten tablets now. Cholera removing functionality added.
Gear: Painted SKS chambering
Gear: Even lower chance of backpacks spawning on construction sites
Gear: Changed inventory view of pitchfork
Gear: Removed quantity value from burlap sack tooltip
Gear: Display name for t-shirts with stripes
Graphics: SSAO in options saved
Graphics: Rain effect settings changed
Graphics: Rain geometry optimized (28 bytes vs 12 bytes per vertex)
Graphics: Spot light culling fixed
Graphics: Fix of terrain intersections
Graphics: Fix of geometry trace for flares
Graphics: Rain now does not fall inside buildings for those on Lower/Disabled shadow settings
Login: Failure during new character creation could cause player to get stuck as unconscious
Map: Optimizations for Svetlo performance
Map: Forests surrounding Svetlo bugfixes
Medical: Would never actually die from zero health or blood due to medical conditions
Medical: Epi-pens will now wake anyone (briefly) from unconsciousness even if blood very low
Medical: Defibrillator used for restarting the heart of players who have a heart attack
Medical: Unconsciousness had irregular and unpredictable behavior (epi-pens will now always wake an unconscious player, unless they are having a heart attack)
Medical: Melee damage application system changed to better balance
Medical: Chance of bleeding from fists reduced significantly
Medical: Arm and leg ache messages fixed
Medical: Disconnected players avatars did not take shock or blood damage
Medical: Falling from height while sprinting did not kill player when it should have
Medical: Player could vault with broken legs
Network: Dropped items appeared only after a delay (now instant)
Network: Inventory items causing desync due to non-guaranteed update spam (hotfix currently until guaranteed message change is complete)
Network: Optimizations to network messaging updates should result in reduced bandwidth and some increases in FPS for clients/server
Structures: Changed inheritance of barrier structures (due to errors in logs)
Structures: Item disappearing when dropped from inventory on stairs or near walls
Weapons: Long-range scope reticle properly centered
Zombies: Zombies aims mostly for chest area now when attacking (stops the "helmet of armor" change)

Can anyone tell me how the crafting is in the game verses the DayZ Mod? Has it improved? I found it so clunky and hard to figure out.
I am also curious about Day Z vs Nether Comparisons. I am currently playing nether and the latest updates really made some huge improvements on the game but the rampant Kill on sight is pretty much a given on every server. The addition of tribes means you can now find someone to hunt/scavenge with. How is the new DayZ for in game community?

idk i havent been able to get in a game for longer than 3 minutes since the last update and most of the servers it hangs at 'waiting for host'

I havent been on in a few days myself, I havent played alot though. From the videos I have seen comparing Nether to DayZ is pretty difficult, at least at this stage. Very different games in both design and gameplay.

I played yesterday but since the latest patch zombies are insane: very fast, still glitch through walls, more of them, all come at once even if melee attacking, never stop respawning... :(

I actually tried fighting them off in one of the smaller cities and my fully geared up guy got killed. When I respawned with nothing it was pretty much a no win scenario. No weapon, lots of zombies that all seemed to agro and come at me at once. :rolleyes:

I'll try again when I have time but day and night different game now. It's almost unplayable as a noobie spawn. :-/

ugh i was just getting used to the "special" zombies lol much less annoying than tha ones in the mod.. guess il have to see how annoying these are tonight if they fixed the server connection isssues

So I played a couple of hours yesterday. Died right after spawn from bleeding. Second spawn found a garden hoe and was able to live and make it to the airfield by balota/grishno and gear up. Was not easy because if you shoot one zombie the rest nearby all come. Even axe kills seem to get them coming. Then after all that work the game rubber banded and I fell to my death. Yay! :( Not sure I want to play anymore with the bad lag since the patch. I rubber banded a lot.

yea seems like they did fix the connection issues i been having bu i have been gettin rubber banding as well

I really wish they would fix the zombies from just walking through walls :/

I got back on and eventually built a dude back up. Much harder with the new zombies. I ended up just running until I found a fire axe. Now I use the axe even with a sks and pistol on me. Because if you shoot they all come running.

Now the zombies thrash your shirt and anything in the pockets. I looked down and they ruined all my gear that was in my jacket in one attack. Argh!:mad:

Anyone wanna give me a transfusion >< My colors are all washed out, and no amount of eating is fixing it. According to the almighty interwebs, it is caused by blood loss. Eating should help, but it has been a few days and no improvements. Also tried drinking a whole mess of soda. i dont have any other ideas.

Also looking for a 1911 clip if anyone has one

Anyone wanna give me a transfusion >< My colors are all washed out, and no amount of eating is fixing it. According to the almighty interwebs, it is caused by blood loss. Eating should help, but it has been a few days and no improvements. Also tried drinking a whole mess of soda. i dont have any other ideas.

Also looking for a 1911 clip if anyone has one

You need to have bright green hydrated and energized and you will heal blood. Just keep eating and drinking until they are that color. You can add me on steam also.

As for zombies, watch this

I've been loving the new patch though one of my friends encountered a glitch 5 min after we met up which took about 45 min. He relogged and the game couldn't load his char and reset him. :( Other wise it was awesome! lol

Standalone is 15% off this weekend on Steam :thup:

How fast are updates rolling out on this game? Reading the previous pages of this thread, doesn't encourage me much to switch over :(

Standalone is 15% off this weekend on Steam :thup:

How fast are updates rolling out on this game? Reading the previous pages of this thread, doesn't encourage me much to switch over :(

I ended up grabbing it this weekend. God I wish they had cars back. Spent a good 45+ minutes lost as all heck trying to find friends. I do think it's kinda weird on how you can hop servers and collect loot. I know my buddies do that now to get a group geared up. Hop 4-5 0 pop servers at the airport = loot for everyone.

I jumped in to see how things were, seems to made a lot of progress since last i played. But i soon got fed up cos i had to keep checking what buttons did what, and i wasnt in the mood to play after that.

I jumped in to see how things were, seems to made a lot of progress since last i played. But i soon got fed up cos i had to keep checking what buttons did what, and i wasnt in the mood to play after that.

Ha I feel your pain. I rage quitted (is that a word) Saturday night after pressing V instead of F when trying to go down a ladder. I ended up doing some weird vaulting motion off the top of a roof! I mean who puts the action and jump button next to eachother!!!??? :bang head

Back