• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for a good video editing software for Youtube

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

muelo1000

Registered
Hello,

Just like the tittle says I am looking for a really good software to edit Videos for YouTube.

I hear Sony Vega, Adobe Premier

What I am looking for is

-Great effects
-easy to use
-powerful (preferably GPU utilization)

Any suggestions are welcome

Thanks

I have some experience with sony vegas. It's very confusing, but has much hidden power. I got over the learning curve, and found it wonderful. It probably won't have exactly the effects you need-- none of the programs ever will with the default loadout, but it may be enough.

Download the trial, and give it a go. That's the best way to be sure.

If that fails, despair of all hope and prepare your bank account for pain, either adobe flavored, or a Mac with final cut pro.

Oh, also. Don't use the gpu acceleration in sony vegas. It crashes, and it's not just me, I found a thread with other people screaming about it too. I had to turn it off to get any work done.

I like the part about despair, that's where I'm at when adobe premiere and Sony Vegas trials are up. Adobe premiere wants $30/month. I think Vegas is like $500 for license.

Freeware I tried was udder garbage and rendered my 1080p 60fps action cam footage down to a blurry 30fps with a watermark.

Heh, yeah, video editing software doesn't seem to be cheap. Though I think that the, uh, lower end versions of sony vegas aren't more than $100, I'd have to check that.
So motherboard, what are you planning on doing? If you go with adobe, please tell us how it goes. I've absolutely no experience with premiere.
I'm curious, what freeware did you find? Was it open source?

Also, my sister tells me that final cut pro is wonderful, but I have little frame of reference for that :-/ She's only used sony vegas before this.

I won't be going with either. Adobe wanting a monthly bill, that ain't happening, and my casual editing would never justify Sony's price tag either. It's looking like I'll have to do without. But maybe some time when I have a lot of raw footage saved up I'll pay for a month of Adobe.

Wondershare was the other one I tried. I don't even remember if it was free or if it was a trial, I got rid of it quickly.

Back