• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

vrm and heat

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You can't use a screwdriver or plug plugs in? It really is that simple... you should youtube a build video and watch it so at least you know what goes into it. Perhaps then in a few years when you upgrade you can then tackle this elementary task and save some money in the process. :)

Personally, I appreciate that he doesn't want to do it and will say so.
I strongly dislike installing Intel CPUs, it's a (#%7 crap shoot every time.
Only bent one pin so far (out of I don't even know how many CPU installations, probably >100) and I was able to re-bend it, but still.

I do recommend watching a youtube video or three, it really isn't especially difficult, but if you don't feel comfortable doing it that's cool too.

+1 just watch the Intel build videos on You tube. It's more fun when you overclock and something goes wrong and you have to pull the battery underneath a card, you will know what to do, or if something goes wrong we can help you trouble shoot the problem.

not all people are alike , you cant learn everything from the internet .
its like when cars mechanics start to tell you how easy is to replace engine parts
and you just need to go through all the manuals and how to start the fuses and
electronic devices in a modern expensive car , you just need someone like me
to end like this :cry:

i dont see what is coming ahead of every step so i will not know when the troubles will start , you say its easy because you are good at it :comp:
just like driving cars or swimming .

plus they will do it for free :clap: i hop he will be an engineer

Last edited:
We all started out just like you and not knowing. The difference is, we tried and learned is all. Like BobN said though, its OK. We(I? LOL!) just like people to learn a bit as well. :)

i have the old mb and other parts am supposed to sell them really cheap
like less than 150$ for the cpu mb gpu and ram .
maybe i can try on the old case to assemble dissemble it :comp:
and write down and memories the electricity cabling .

its a good idea for someone like me who knows so much about gaming pcs
to know how to assemble them .

but you dont really mean for me to start learning on the new
parts ? my mother still didnt even give me the money to buy them :attn:
am 43 yo and my birthday is next Saturday

ill be happy to train on your new 3000$ high end parts my mother still didnt even give
me the money

putting one togather is easy just start like this, all your stuff neatly laid out and the three manuals close at hand, the psu manual, the case manual and the motherboard manual.

Attachments

• PIC_0842.JPG
    PIC_0842.JPG
    88.3 KB · Views: 69
just a word of warning, depending on your climate, carpet+ computer assembly = bad, hmmm Kay! the possibility of static electricity killing something is high if the conditions are just right in your area. best to put it together on a wood table if possible, if doing carpet, keep your items on or in the anti-static bags they come in. then when your ready to assemble the computer, touch the computer case since its metal. this way you make sure any chance of a static build up being there very low. some places also have static straps you can buy.

If you get the parts they will assemble your parts for free.:rolleyes:

yes , its a good deal for them . 1500$ its easy to unbox at the shop
and get the pc with the warranty papers . i cant read the manuals
its as simple as that . am not good with mechanics . or electricity

i asked at corsair about keeping my 5 yo psu box

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ShowI...0TX 750W Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/505

and save a 150$ they gave me the ok . anyway
how long dose those psu can last ? i mean what is the estimated life time for them? do they usually take other components with them when they die ?

Corsair is a good PSU and should last for many years and if it goes it should die peacefully by it self.:cool::popcorn:

4970k is the devil canyon ? the refresh of the haswell ?

or its the broadwell 5th gen?

am closing down this project and gonna wait for the broadwell 5770k 5th gen ill save some money for a better ddr4 ram and a 3gb vga by then ill make a fresh post
thanks

Back