• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Mechwarrior game

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Say's its a reboot of the series. Man that's getting pretty popular now isn't it?

Either way I don't care, I just want to play MW again. I been keeping tabs on Living Legends, but it still seems a while off from a playable mod.

Saw this the other day and was happy :)

Loved Mechwarrior games. One of the few games that I started and completed when I was younger.

^ :)

Exactly. This article is 28 months old.

I'm not seeing your point. It's not a necro because the information that necro'd it is relevant and this has not come to pass yet. This thread was to discuss the announcement and apparently a month from now new sh...tuff will come to light man.

Thanks for the heads up. I can't wait to try it. It's sad it's likely going to be pay to win. :(

It's an mmo? I was looking forward to the version we saw a few years ago. I'm disappointed, I mean I like mechs more than tanks, but this is just a futuristic world of tanks and a real mechwarrior can easily have singleplayer and mutliplayer.

It's an mmo? I was looking forward to the version we saw a few years ago. I'm disappointed, I mean I like mechs more than tanks, but this is just a futuristic world of tanks and a real mechwarrior can easily have singleplayer and mutliplayer.

I think they may be working on an actual legit mechwarrior 5. There are mumblings. Not a mod, an actual full release.

hell, I've wanted a BattleTech themed MMO for years. I'd want something more than World Of Tanks in BattleMechs. There is SO much grey-and-grey morality and political intrigue in the BattleTech Universe that it would be a shame to have none of that in the game world.

Of course I've played all the computer games going back to MechWarrior 1 and Crecent Hawks Inception back in 1987. And I've played the board game with the Warhammer was on the cover, you were lucky to get a leg actuator for salvage, and Clans were a strange Scottish tradition.

Greetings!

MechWarrior Online not 'Pay-2-Win'
The developer promises that the F2P model will enable live metrics, iterating updates quickly, and easily testing new content with players.
"I'm not going to lie, some things can and will allow you to acquire items faster, or even instantly with real cash," creative director Bryan Ekman confessed in a blog post. However, he insisted, buying better gear will not necessarily bring an advantage.
"We're doing away with the arms race and making BattleMechs of all shapes and sizes have a purpose and role on the battlefield," Ekman said. Scout or commander, rich or poor, in theory you can have a hoot no matter what you're piloting.
And, of course, there's the obvious benefit of not having to buy a game you may turn out not to play that much.

Back