• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PS4 vs Xbone

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Licensing costs in order to keep the price low of the console. And they probably want people to use their music unlimited service.

Winamp is a free MP3 player. Are the codecs required to play MP3's a licensed technology? Even if they are why do all windoze installs since XP seem to include them by default?

Well my PS3 is mainly a Blu-ray player, but is starting to not work anymore.... Yellow error light then red crash. There are a few games that I do prefer on consoles, mainly fighting games, and platformers. So I will probably have to pick a PS4 sometime soon when this PS3 takes a dump on me.

update:
http://www.computerandvideogames.co...ate-to-add-mp3-dlna-support-confirms-yoshida/

Post launch PS4 update to support MP3 and DLNA support. If I can say anything, Sony has really listened to their customers.

IDK, Sony has promised a lot of stuff with PS4 since the E3 and failed to deliver on most of them. Backwards compatibility (this one is confusing for me), any type of multimedia center support... from what I understand you can't even play Blu-Ray's out of the box without getting the new PUB, not to mention Infamous and DriveClub being part of the launch window but God knows when those games will be released and the supposed Foxconn rumors...

I was so pumped for PS4 after the E3 and was on their bandwagon, but most of the major stuff they promised have been cut out and people are crowning them the king after E3 when they failed to deliver on what they said initially. They were just hyping people up to drive the pre-orders up and have succeeded with over 1 million consoles sold.

At least M$ have been honest in what they promised.

BTW, I got Xbox One because I love the Xbox controller, better launch titles and much more feature rich. Also because PS4 was sold out everywhere : ) Gotta hand it to Sony marketing team.

Game definitely looks interesting. Looks to be more of a game to rent/game fly than buy (at least IMHO)

Okay, so PS4 was delivered and I sold it for $550. Was too tempted to make a few bucks. Next up is the XB1, which I'll have to decide on.

I'd been favoring the PS4 purely on specs and the fact that I have a vita to interface with it. But after researching and comparing the UI's and non gaming functionality I really think the Xbox One is a better buy. Will be interesting to connect a steambox to the HDMI in. Now that would be a well rounded gaming/htpc powerhouse.

IDK, Sony has promised a lot of stuff with PS4 since the E3 and failed to deliver on most of them. Backwards compatibility (this one is confusing for me), any type of multimedia center support... from what I understand you can't even play Blu-Ray's out of the box without getting the new PUB, not to mention Infamous and DriveClub being part of the launch window but God knows when those games will be released and the supposed Foxconn rumors...

I was so pumped for PS4 after the E3 and was on their bandwagon, but most of the major stuff they promised have been cut out and people are crowning them the king after E3 when they failed to deliver on what they said initially. They were just hyping people up to drive the pre-orders up and have succeeded with over 1 million consoles sold.

BTW, I got Xbox One because I love the Xbox controller, better launch titles and much more feature rich. Also because PS4 was sold out everywhere : ) Gotta hand it to Sony marketing team.

Infamous was and still us slated for early 2014. Its never changed.

There was no promise of BC ever. They mentioned possibly streaming game via gaiki system but yeah..still little info on that.

Backwards compatibility was never promised, they were pretty straight forward on that. They said that Gaikai streaming may be able to provide that in the future, but they didn't say it was going to be at launch.

There is a day1 patch that provides the BluRay playback support, I don't see what the big deal is as it will almost guaranteed be connected to a network anyway. Xbox1 doesn't have the support out of the box either without a patch from what I understand.

As far as the launch window games, Infamous can still count if it comes out in March. I believe the 'window' is generally the first 3-4 months after launch (http://www.ign.com/wikis/playstation-4/PlayStation_4_Launch_Titles). If that holds true Infamous and DriveClub are both slated to be launch-window titles.

I really don't see what was all promised and they didn't hold to, launch games are out of Sony's control and I'd prefer if a game takes a few extra months for it to be playable instead of a broken mess.

M$ has been anything but consistent with their policies on the Xbox, where they have changed their stances on numerous policies that they made. I haven't touched a XB1 controller yet (hope to soon), but the DS4 is a massive improvement over the DS3 to be fair.

Are there any exclusive launch games for XB1 worth owning besides Forza5 which is a stripped down version of Forza4? None of the other games look to be worth owning, maybe DeadRising, but I've heard it can be cumbersome with controls and such.

With all that said, I plan to own an XB1 sometime soon-ish, but likely not at launch.

Both systems will support media streaming/DLNA support, but that won't happen for PS4 for another month or so while they patch it in, although Netflix/HuluPlus/Amazon video is available. And you can stream on Twitch/Ustream (which I've already used and is pretty awesome) on PS4, but M$ has to patch it in at a later date (won't be available at launch).

Eagerly waiting for XB1 to be released to see some real comparisons.

tons of reviews are out already (all of the embargoes are lifted for at least first party games) what are you looking for for comparisons?

Back