• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Capacitor For ASUS MAXIMUS V EXTREME

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MAMUKA

Hello!

I Need Capacitor For ASUS MAXIMUS V EXTREME!

FP 10K 24Bz 561, 6.3:)

Where might that be?

+1

Digikey.com

Just got through ordering a couple of capacitors from them a couple of days ago myself.

You might not be able to find the exact same brand and model though.

Just need one with the same capacitance and voltage rating primarily, plus the same physical size dimensions.

Why can't you RMA the board? Did you destroy these parts with your own negligence or something?

You won't find exactly the same for sale anywhere but maybe the back alleys of Taiwan. As far as I know those are manufactured specially for Asus so that Asus can make a bunch of hilarious claims about them.

Hard to tell from the photo but that looks like some of those components with the red arrow pointing to them could be surface mounted which in that form factor could be hard to impossible to float with a soldering iron. You may need access to a hot air bonding station to replace some of those items.

The square, short, black bits are SMD MOSFETs. Very tricky to do without a hot air setup.
The tall squarish things are through-hole inductors. Possible to do with a soldering iron, but it needs to be a very high mass very hot very good iron and you need to be lucky.

What about it? They don't have any caps that Digikey doesn't I don't think/

Thanks, everyone, for post!
Here's a more accurate picture!
29f49.jpg

Back