• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hauppauge DCR-2650, pairing issues, tuning adapter, missing channels.(Cox Omaha)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

killem2

So I bought this device and a snagged a cable card from Cox Omaha. Well, all the channels I am suppose to have so far, are coming in except three. For some reason, TLCl, WGN America, and TBS just won't show up in Windows Media Center. It tells me I have to contact cox and then pops up a screen talking about the device details, like cable card ID and so on, which I have given to them.

After three calls, they could not get these working and claim that it must be an issue on my end and want to send out a tech. I don't really trust this considering I have their stupid adapter (god awful clunky thing that is), and I have all the other channels from them I am supposed to have. I really don't want them coming out and claiming it is my setup.

Considering every time despite me telling them, they think I have a damn TIVO hooked up, I can just imagine what this tech is going to think.

Any tips? :bang head

So all channels are working on the decoder but not on the Hauppauge? Have you tried switching cards between the two devices (if possible)?

The other device does not accept any card :(. Only my Hauppauge, and it is only those three channels that ***** about me needing to call my cable provider.

The Hauppauge even has setup to detect a tuning adapter plugged in.

This is what the tuning adapter looks like:

mtr70017lg.jpg

sup_moto_mtr700.ccom

This is my actual receiver for the card :attn:

wintv_b005fpt38a_back-lrg.jpg

Well, I used to work as customer service representative for a satellite TV company, and I can tell you a tech cannot help you if the problem is with the Hauppauge, but he could help if the problem comes from wiring or other things.

Have you contacted Hauppauge regarding this? Sometimes there's a firmware update that can fix that kind of problem.

Well, I used to work as customer service representative for a satellite TV company, and I can tell you a tech cannot help you if the problem is with the Hauppauge, but he could help if the problem comes from wiring or other things.

Have you contacted Hauppauge regarding this? Sometimes there's a firmware update that can fix that kind of problem.

Not yet, but they do have update drivers, watching top gear right now but I will check it out after. :).

drivers updated worked, and some software.

I think the big winner was windows media center and an extra called digital cable advisor.

Glad you got it working! I'm thinking of getting one of those also, except I'm more interested in the model that streams over network so I can have TV on all devices in the house.

Well I don't know about streaming, but if you can get the speed fast enough, the recorded windows media files are open and available to play from over the net work from my all my computers.

Its a little bit hard though on the HD stuff. When I move to a new house, we're going to have ethernet cable ran.

Back