• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD APP SDK RUNTIME safe uninstall possible?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

automaton

Registered
I advanced radeon driver uninstall till I found files to get rid of
AMD APP SDK RUNTIME is what I need to uninstall
Help:cry::shock::confused:

this is in my amd video driver
will uninstalling it remove chipset drivers or anything else
I have a evga 750ti installed

uninstall it all from safe mode, reboot, and reinstall from the install manager. AMD uses a unified driver package.... Just dont install display drivers...

AMD APP SDK RUNTIME is basically the install manager... AFAIK

it wont just remove video drivers I also have to reinstall? Ijave an
amd mobo amd cpu

There's no real need to uninstall the AMD GPU drivers or SDK if you are installing that 750 TI.

AMD and Nvidia can co-exist in the same rig. I have done it.

Unless you are playing games that use Phys-X Then you MUST remove AMD GPU drivers and the like. Becasue they disable Phys-X on the Nvidia GPU. (Well, actually it's the Nvidia driver that disables it... but only if it finds AMD GPU drivers)

There's no real need to uninstall the AMD GPU drivers or SDK if you are installing that 750 TI.

AMD and Nvidia can co-exist in the same rig. I have done it.

Unless you are playing games that use Phys-X Then you MUST remove AMD GPU drivers and the like. Becasue they disable Phys-X on the Nvidia GPU. (Well, actually it's the Nvidia driver that disables it... but only if it finds AMD GPU drivers)

have had boot weirdness and black window during boot:mad::chair: since install of 750ti

does get stuck during boot :shrug:and also has black before finishes boot:screwy:

Huh?

Well that's odd that it won't boot into Windows.
It should boot fine into Windows as Windows would just use generic VGA drivers till you install the real Nvidia drivers....

Huh?

Well that's odd that it won't boot into Windows.
It should boot fine into Windows as Windows would just use generic VGA drivers till you install the real Nvidia drivers....

has evga driver installed
it hangs sometimes on boot but it goes into windows black screen before welcome :attn:
will uninstalling this remove chipset or anything else?:temper:

has evga driver installed
it hangs sometimes on boot but it goes into windows black screen before welcome :attn:
will uninstalling this remove chipset or anything else?:temper:

Well I get a black screen for a few seconds before the welcome screen appears.....

But no the AMD APP SDK is just that: an tool kit for OpenCL. It has nothing to do with removing chipset drivers.
It simply enables and update the OpenCL library's for the AMD GPU's. :)

Well I get a black screen for a few seconds before the welcome screen appears.....

But no the AMD APP SDK is just that: an tool kit for OpenCL. It has nothing to do with removing chipset drivers.
It simply enables and update the OpenCL library's for the AMD GPU's. :)

where it says catalyst install manager i ran uninstall custom and this was there?

where it says catalyst install manager i ran uninstall custom and this was there?

well the APP SDK should have it's own uninstaller too..

But you should be fine to uninstall it like that.
If not, you can always download it again ;)

well the APP SDK should have it's own uninstaller too..

But you should be fine to uninstall it like that.
If not, you can always download it again ;)

and it wont mess with other things like chipset drivers etc?????

fhanks for instant replies and answering my questions:ty::salute:

Back