• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I got screwed over by someone and now I need help.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So he didn't even give you back the original harddrive? It sounds like he took your computer and sold it and then used what he had lying around to put a rig back together for you. I would personally call the cops and have them pay him a visit. I am sure if he is going to take something of a family members then the last thing he wants is the cops getting into his business. You can play it one of two ways. Call the cops first let them make the first meeting with him or you can call him up and say you talked to a detective and the amount of the stuff stolen is enough for then=m to drag the guy in. tell him that and tell him he has 2 days to get the exact parts back to you including the harddrive with your data on it. If he doesn't then send the cops his way get a police report then take him to small claims court.

dude I cant even beleve your considering on keeping that athlon. I would be kicking someones *** for my **** back. My dad is also a police officer. lol

get your **** back man!! Good luck!

Ya, that dude isnt very nice :( Just keep your cool though, gather what receipts and proof of ownership you can and just present it to him saying that unless he returns all stolen parts, the police will be involved.

He would have to be retarded if he wants to get the police involved over a computer ......

DUde I bet your sister has no say or is part of this charade. How could she have just said idly by while her husband takes the stuff. I guess they figured since they gave it to u as a present, its really theirs.

or we don't have the full story....don't mean to be this way, like i said before, being what you've told us, GET A ROPE!!!

Sounds like your sister married a crook.
I can send someone to rough him up a little. Believe me, after that, he will give everything back and then some.
Just kidding (about knowing anyone doing that for you), but you get the "IDEA"

Sadly I doubt there's anything you could do about it. The police what do much, don't listen to the people who say contact the police. You best bet is a good old *** whopin', or get back at him some other way. Personally I'd be ****ed. If I couldn't kick his *** I'd do something else.

hmmm lets see here...if my knowledge of law is correct, it would seem to me that taking somebody's stuff is against the law....buy a cannon, point it at his house and over a megaphone demand that he give your stuff back or face the wrath of a 10 pound cannon ball and your army of loyal minions

edit: id burn his house down, while stealing all of his parts...he wouldnt tell anybody it was you because he originally stole your parts....im in the reverse situation...window washers came to my house, looked through my **** and stole a bottle of jack daniels whiskey....i cant tell my mom because well im not 21 and not supposed to be drinking....

seirosuly what kind of douchebag would do this, esepcially a brother in law? and it sounds like your just trying to make the best of it..which is also the wrong way to go about it...****ing call your sister and tell her, im sure it can get figured out..if not, then get police involved

That is terrible, what an awful brother in law you have. He took your gear and refused to give it back? Sure, you could go in with a baseball bat or a fist, but sometimes playing with peoples' heads can be more fun and result in less trouble. Take advantage of the situation; your sister is probably the weakest link on the chain between him and you. For example:

Threaten to start putting fertility drugs in your sister's food and water if he doesn't return your rightful hardware; you live with her so it would be pretty simple. He's a guy, he'll only be able to go so long without sex before he relents. And the best part is you don't actually have to do anything or waste money on fertility drugs; it is the thought, the idea that holds the power, not the act itself.

However, this is something that you should try and amicably solve before resorting to violence, blackmail, or thievery. Quite frankly, your sister and him are married and while divorce rates are high these days, you probably shouldn't burn any bridges, although he sure managed to douse one in gasoline.
Talk to your sister about it, explain the situation to her, and she will probably be more able to sort things out with your brother in law. She is letting you live at her place, which probably means she has a strong relationship with you. While he is her husband, what he did was wrong and if you can explain that to her, she will probably side with you.

If that doesn't work, by all means break his pretty face and dish out some pain until you get your gear back. A $25.00 stun baton and a pair of pliers can "convince" just about anyone...

DUDE YOU CAN"T LET HIM BOSS YOU AROUND. GO KICK HIS ***. if anyone ever did that to me. omg, they get skrewed so bad. Get a good shaking up from a few people i know if you catch my drift.

Tell him that if he doesn't give you your stuff back, he'll have a crowd of OCforums thugs/bullies for hire ready to give him a beating.....:)

I'd tell your sister to talk with him nevertheless.

dan

InfiniteThought said:
Sadly I doubt there's anything you could do about it. The police what do much, don't listen to the people who say contact the police. You best bet is a good old *** whopin', or get back at him some other way. Personally I'd be ****ed. If I couldn't kick his *** I'd do something else.

(Sorry to post twice)

but i agree. police won't do jack shyt if its something small like this. You need something a bit more... vulgar. Dude you can't sit on your butt. This kind of behavior is completely unacceptable. A dude like that is a fay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back