• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

STASIS NCX-1 CPU Waterblock Worklog

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
How do the layers seal?
There doesn't appear to be enough space for an o-ring around the edges (especially the far edge, but that could just be an optical distortion).

I presume the NCX-2 was manually drilled? the spacing doesn't seem like its linear. its most evident in the leftmost row of cups.

I also am interested in seeing the o-ring setup for this.

Looks like he added concentric rows of cups to me, probably the same baseplate in shown higher up in the thread.

I think he vanished shortly after his water blocks started leaking , Same date at [H] Forum as well 5/28 last post . .

diehrd said:
I think he vanished shortly after his water blocks started leaking , Same date at [H] Forum as well 5/28 last post . .
Don't you miss? :)

It's too bad. I don't think he intended to have problems and end up having to vaporize himself. I think he fell into the same pitfall a lot of startups fall into.

- Grew and Expanded too fast
- Was undermanned (he was probably the only worker)
- The first two lead to problems with production and he got behind
- The top three caused quality to drop off
- Replacements could not be made while filling orders
- The whole thing then fell apart and he hid

I think he had good, albeit expensive products. 'Tiss too bad.

Moto7451 said:
It's too bad. I don't think he intended to have problems and end up having to vaporize himself. I think he fell into the same pitfall a lot of startups fall into.

- Grew and Expanded too fast
- Was undermanned (he was probably the only worker)
- The first two lead to problems with production and he got behind
- The top three caused quality to drop off
- Replacements could not be made while filling orders
- The whole thing then fell apart and he hid

I think he had good, albeit expensive products. 'Tiss too bad.

Agreed. :sn:

If I had a need for a good GPU block I would've eyed this one, even if I needed to do a DIY seal job.

Sorry for the hiatus, life has a way of keeping you from doing what you'd like to do sometimes.

As the costs for raw materials and machining continue to rise I cannot justify pursuing any further developments. Perhaps if time and resources allow me to in the future I'll get back into it, having learned much from the past two years.

Thanks for all your interest and support and yes diehrd, criticism. I wish you all the very best - keep overclocking and keep pushing the cooling envelope! :cool:

consumer9000 said:
Sorry for the hiatus, life has a way of keeping you from doing what you'd like to do sometimes.

As the costs for raw materials and machining continue to rise I cannot justify pursuing any further developments. Perhaps if time and resources allow me to in the future I'll get back into it, having learned much from the past two years.

Thanks for all your interest and support and yes diehrd, criticism. I wish you all the very best - keep overclocking and keep pushing the cooling envelope! :cool:

HE HATH RETURNED! :beer:

Gee.. nothing like being a good critic to get an honorable mention :) lol...

Welcome back! Its too bad that its become prohibitably expensive to make new products.

I guess that means no NCX-2 then :D

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/2791/ncx23rf.jpg

In all seriousness, if you're not currently able to make blocks, would you be willing to throw some of your designs into the open like Captain Slug has done with his Krakatoa design?

Back