• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2 x 8600 GT XXX or 8800 GTS 640

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
My Laptops 8600M GT plays it on medium 1024x768...alright I guess.

So should be able to run it, yes. Will it run it good? Not very well. If you need the cash though bro, sell it and deal with it.

My Laptops 8600M GT plays it on medium 1024x768...alright I guess.

So should be able to run it, yes. Will it run it good? Not very well. If you need the cash though bro, sell it and deal with it.

OK gents, I went ahead and got the 2nd 8600 GT, will set it up in SLi on my new 680 SLi board tomorrow and will let you know if it can run Bioshock on my 22" LCD at 1680x1050...:soda:

*Edit*...if it suck then I'll keep my 8800 GTS and give back the 8600 GT, no sweat...

Eh...

the 8800GTS you're looking at 11k+ on 3DMark06
8600GTS SLi 10k+

But then you go to deal with 2 cards, SLi crud, and game optimization...

Ok, so ya all pretty much say my idea sucks...OK, I'll try it out and buy the T-Shirt to say I've done SLi so what is next...:)

Ok, so ya all pretty much say my idea sucks...OK, I'll try it out and buy the T-Shirt to say I've done SLi so what is next...:)

You come back here posting benchmarks of each card in games and 3DMark scores of course... :bday:

Again, comparing benchmarks defeats the purpose of the OP and the question asked.

Maverick is once again spot on...i will post some kinda benchmarks if you will to tell you if I'm crazy or not...isn't that what this hobby is all about, try everything and retain the best...:)

Back