• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Why am i so bad at BC2 MP?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

antipesto93

So i finished the BC2 single plater on medium (cant remember what the setting is called) and it wasn't too hard, but on multilayer...everyone is just all over the place....and i have no idea what to do, even on the basic game modes? also others always kill me before i can kill them
what's with this- is there a secret to this that i am missing?

i nodded and played BF2 for years, and im great at that, and MW2, but when i get onto BC2 multilayer...im like....urmmm...where do i go...is he an enemy?
or am i just playing completely wrong!

I'd say the biggest problem with BC2 is that there are already people that are ranked in the 20s which means they play A LOT. when i first started i sucked... well i still do in comparison. but i would only get 100 points or so die all the time and never hit anyone with my sniper rifle. after a few days playing the same class i was able to get some things unlocked, learn about where people go, map builds, bullet drop :D, and no i get 1000 points of so per round.
So basicly pick a class you like and stick with it. when you unlock its only stuff for that class. Just keep playing.. i play Rush right now. seems the best for learning. deathmatch has guys all over the place and they can come at from any direction.

each team does have very different fatigues on too. so once you know what you have on, shoot the other one :D your team will have a blue arrow above them as well.

if you are far way from them get them in your aimer and press Q if it is a bad guy he will then have a orange arrow above him.

when in doubt shoot to kill.

Yeh i was rubbish to begin with... just takes a bit of getting used to... when using assault rifles, BURST FIRE!! Its very accurate doing it that way... if you go full auto you will be all over the place.

As an assault guy, drop ammo box's everywhere... you get points when people stock up... same with medic, drop first aid kits to heal buddies and get loads of points.

Remember bullets are affected by gravity... so if the enemy is very far away, aim slightly above them to get a head shot....

And Q to spot... that way if he gets you your buddies know where the enemy is!!

Edit: I managed to bring a guy back to life using the defibrillator... while he was underwater.... :D

Last edited:
Just move slowly, and stick with a group. You'll be fine. Another thing you can do is play as Recon, just spot people and take easy shots, you'll get points when someone kills who you've spotted. It's not as much but you can see how others move and interact with the environment and pick up on it. I'm not very good but I played in the beta, so I'm a little more used to it than someone who didn't. Battlefield takes getting used to, all of the games feel similar, but are totally different too. Just move slow and remember bullets take a little bit to register.

So basicly pick a class you like and stick with it. when you unlock its only stuff for that class.

Not everything. Many unlocks are from rank progression alone, regardless of your kit.

The 2 primary modes in this game are simple. Conquest and Rush. Having BF2 experience and not being able to understand them just confuses me...since only 1 of them is new to the series. And RUSH is just defending as long as you can until enemy tickets deplete. Or attacking/capturing points before tickets deplete. (Done by planting bombs.)

Unfortunately, many players resort to filling their teams (often attacking team) with snipers...and they get nowhere. Very annoying even if you're the defending team because it gets old fast. Oh well, losers want to be losers.

I am an attack sniper, i used the 2nd shotty (the one that fires really fast), with the extended clip , 36 rounds total.

I use the mortar strike, a lot.

I use motion sensors, a lot.

Get behind the enemy , and knife kill, my highest streak has been 5 in a row. Since beta I have over 400 dog tags :D

Find cover and stick there , your in a ghillie suit , you'd be surprised how many people will miss you if you crouch and be near a tree.

So i finished the BC2 single plater on medium (cant remember what the setting is called) and it wasn't too hard, but on multilayer...everyone is just all over the place....and i have no idea what to do, even on the basic game modes? also others always kill me before i can kill them
what's with this- is there a secret to this that i am missing?

i nodded and played BF2 for years, and im great at that, and MW2, but when i get onto BC2 multilayer...im like....urmmm...where do i go...is he an enemy?
or am i just playing completely wrong!

Well this is not BF2*or* MW2.

So the first thing you have to do is get THAT out of your head.

The next thing you have to do is watch this video: http://www.pixelenemy.com/2010/02/how-not-to-be-a-noob-at-battlefield-bad-company-2/

It's not about being a sniper, or a medic or whatever... BC2 is about achieving the objective. Whatever it takes to do that. If you're busy playing with rocket launchers... then your team is going to lose. If you're running past an empty tank... you need to get in that tank and take an objective. If you're not good at driving a tank... you need to practice so that you are.

You need to pilot the UAV. If your team's getting killed and you kill a medic, you need to pick up his kit and bring them back.

Everybody's out of ammo and you kill an assault guy? Pick up his kit and give your team AMMO.

And you need to be in a squad. Squads are EXTREMELY important in this game. You can spawn on squadmates. You get extra points for helping someone in your squad kill people... etc.

The numbers in white are the number of tickets you have left (left side) and the number of tickets your enemy has left (right side) whoever hits "ZERO" loses.

If you're with a group or have a partner, sit back and let them run in first to take the hits, then go clean up the mess. It takes a lot of effort to perfect your baiting skills, so go start now!

Yeh, watch the video rainless linked... i watched it before i started playing the game and it helped a lot... but i still cant fly a helicopter for sh*t... i end up upside down and on fire in no time... :D

I do wish they made it more helpful for medics to locate dead teammates, so they can revive them. They still use a health display on teammates, so why not this? Because currently, it's VERY RARE to be revived by a medic. (Having to unlock the paddles is also a minor contributing factor.)

In the beta there would be a lightning symbol on your screen if you are close enough, or you can just look at the mini map. Did they change this? Haven't played medic much.

There still is, if you play normal/regular you can see them as a bolt on your minimap, similar to how you see a + if they need HP. In hardcore I believe this isn't there.

I do wish they made it more helpful for medics to locate dead teammates, so they can revive them. They still use a health display on teammates, so why not this? Because currently, it's VERY RARE to be revived by a medic. (Having to unlock the paddles is also a minor contributing factor.)

There still is, if you play normal/regular you can see them as a bolt on your minimap, similar to how you see a + if they need HP. In hardcore I believe this isn't there.

There's your answer Steve. :)

And I'm tired of people complaining about having to unlock stuff. I actually LIKE that you have to learn the various strengths of a class gradually. So many idiots are just running around with sniper rifles WITHOUT SPOTTING ANYBODY... without deploying any motion sensors... without sending out any mortar strikes...

The class is "RECON" not "Sniper."

Too many people think they're still playing MW2 when this is a completely different game.

Single player is pretty much nothing compared to MP in BC2. I breezed through SP on hard in several hours. But then in MP... takes a while to get used to.

It seems that, along with skill, class also makes a big difference in how many points you earn. Recon playing as snipers generally don't earn much. At one point recently I played only as Recon for like 2 days straight to unlock the last sniper rifle. Many of my points were from spotting and destroying vehicles/sometimes players with mortars. As much as I like sniping in FPS, it's generally one of the least useful things you can do in this game, especially on non-hardcore servers since it takes 2 shots (except headshots) to kill anyone even with the M95 (yes, a 50 cal rifle can't kill in 1 body shot, rofl @ unrealism) and they usually go into cover after the first shot. Spotting them and having a teammate nearby finish them off is how you usually get 'kills' most of the time.

All the other classes can usually contribute more, unless they're played by someone very new that has no idea what to do. Generally I like assault and engi best and switch between them depending on the situation. Medics also earn tons of points unless your team is so much better than the enemy team that they almost never die or get it, but even then LMG's are very powerful weapons when used properly (funny how medic gets the 'heaviest' automatic-fire weapons in the game).

There's your answer Steve. :)

Already knew that. Again, I noted that you can see people's health meters on your screen itself. So why one and not the other? Gameplay issues if you ask me.

I'm fine with having to unlock all these items. I am just saying it contributes to revives being rare.

Just keep playing. The biggest things you will learn is how the maps play, where the common camp spots are, where all the assets are.

Play all of the classes. They each have their purpose for dealing with different things in game. Don't keep spawning as a medic because you get a cool M60 when there is a tank sitting on top of your MCOM.

Online FPS games take time to get good at. Make sure you're always trying different things, getting stuck into a routine usually leads to dying a lot.

Your Best new friend.

lol my favorite quote describing your duties during battle:

"Lastly, if you don't do these things, you will complain that people on the other team are cheap when they do them to you. And that would make you a noob"

Back