• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

12 core Opterons out on newegg!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It certainly seems like it will be a good option for virtualization and the like. However, I'm not sure if there are any socket G34 motherboards out there sporting single CPU support, but it isn't exactly geared even toward computing enthusiasts.

Does anyone have more information about G34? I've found articles introducing the technology, but not too much in the way of hands on reviews and the like.

Anyway, that 12-core CPU is incredible.

quad channel memory is relative really.

its probally just about as fast as dual channel feeding 6 cores, i just cant see dual channel feeding 12, major bottle neck

Still, 4cores/2channels vs. 6cores/4channels. Any way you look at it, the 6 cores are getting more bandwidth, the cores increased by 50% while the channels increased by 100%. I don't personally know if you get 100% scaling per channel though. :shrug:

I'd like to see a desktop enthusiast socket G34 board come out. Though i dont see that happening as it might compete with the phenom line. Imagine dual Magnys with a board that supports crossfire:eek:
the multi threaded cpu test in 3dmark would get smashed

Whats wrong with people read this review :
white Reviewed By: Michael on 4/26/2010
Rating + 3
Tech Level Tech Level: average - Ownership: less than 1 day

Pros: I am thinking of getting this processor..

If the HT is Enabled, would that mean there is 16 threads per CPU... ????

Motherboards look good...
Cons: none
Other Thoughts: none

0 out of 5 people found

The dude gave it a 3 out of 5 star and he does not even own it or know anything about the cpu.

The 8 core is nicely priced but the 12core is a bit to much for me. Cant wait to check neweggs pricing on mobos.

Whats wrong with people read this review :
white Reviewed By: Michael on 4/26/2010
Rating + 3
Tech Level Tech Level: average - Ownership: less than 1 day

Pros: I am thinking of getting this processor..

If the HT is Enabled, would that mean there is 16 threads per CPU... ????

Motherboards look good...
Cons: none
Other Thoughts: none

0 out of 5 people found

The dude gave it a 3 out of 5 star and he does not even own it or know anything about the cpu.

The 8 core is nicely priced but the 12core is a bit to much for me. Cant wait to check neweggs pricing on mobos.
I do read a lot of reviews in newegg for products, its like watching comments on youtube, I mean, at least for me it's entertaining.

And yeah, I do hate when people give a bad score and don't even have the product or give it a 0/5 just because they got a DOA... I mean.. you're supposed to review a product that it's functioning as intended, if it's DOA, why would you review it at all... sometimes they give it a bad score just because they didn't got their rebate, I mean... lol, wtf?

But then there's just special people....

newegg 1055T said:
Tech Level: high
Ownership: less than 1 day

4/27/2010 9:19:30 AM

Rating 3/5
whoa newegg!

Pros: great budget multicore system....a form of "Turbo-Boost" like the Intel i5's

Cons: 50$ premium if you buy from newegg vs. tdirect
3/5 just because you can get a $50 rebate in tdirect... And besides he's saying it wrong...

Last edited:
Has anyone been able to find any benchmarks for single-threaded applications for the 12 core version? All i'm seeing is multi-threaded benchmarks, and while that is the primary target for this cpu i'm more interested in how it will handle single-threaded game servers.

Back