• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Who in the 43!! is CureCoin?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
There is a lot of that going on, I have seen a few posts on a couple different forums.
I have seen a reply, "core 15 work units aren't that important, it's core 17 where the real science is being done anyway."

This probably wont be done on a massive scale, babysitting your many clients to find and prune lower paying work units would be rather painstaking. Though people with smaller farms may do this more frequently, there's still a mountain of new hardware going for the project and certainly a lot of proper science being done.

I saw a post where the CureCoin devs are working with PG to allow folding for curecoins on other teams.

This probably wont be done on a massive scale, babysitting your many clients to find and prune lower paying work units would be rather painstaking. Though people with smaller farms may do this more frequently, there's still a mountain of new hardware going for the project and certainly a lot of proper science being done.

I saw a post where the CureCoin devs are working with PG to allow folding for curecoins on other teams.

Team32 here we go! :attn:

It looks like they are out producing the top 10 teams combined now. There 'bouts. Just an insane number of ppd.

This sounds pretty interesting tbh, especially the part about being able to earn these coins whole folding on your home team.

- never got into bitcoin etc mining, once I found out what the PC's crunching power was Actually doing - it all seemed such a Massive Waste -.-"

Personally I've stopped folding temporarily due to being short of cash... but have a possible plan :

Been thinking of installing a big solar power setup on my house here in the UK - can probably fit a 12 KW array on my big roof :)

- the UK currently pays pretty low amounts of money for putting electricity back into the grid, especially for larger setups... + require you to use massively Overpriced Certified installers :mad:

So I figured I'd find something else that pays better for the power produced. If folding@home can now pay for itself a bit I would consider going for this in a pretty big way :cool:

Gotta pay to get a roofer up there really soon anyhow, so might as well get the panels ordered and installed at the same time and save some money.
..Well, I know what I will be looking into next week now!

This sounds pretty interesting tbh, especially the part about being able to earn these coins whole folding on your home team.

AFAIK, you can't fold for say Team32 and earn these coins...

yet Hopefully they will implement that soon.

Just saw them on our threat list yesterday, looks like we're going to loose our number 4 spot soon.

At the moment I must say I really disapprove of getting coins involved in folding. As was pointed out earlier, people are breaking the folding rules, dumping wu's and selectively choosing what WU's the fold. If Stanford can implement a proper way of doing this them maybe I could accept it, but at the moment I say no.

I am hopeful that it is just a few bad apples doing so...its like the knuckle heads that use this application FIRST to stress test...

Personally, I am in on this and letting the WU's fall where they may as I feel most would be.

Just saw them on our threat list yesterday, looks like we're going to loose our number 4 spot soon.

At the moment I must say I really disapprove of getting coins involved in folding. As was pointed out earlier, people are breaking the folding rules, dumping wu's and selectively choosing what WU's the fold. If Stanford can implement a proper way of doing this them maybe I could accept it, but at the moment I say no.

Don't forget that the Curecoin developers worked with Stanford to get this coin going.....

To me, Stanford must have known the risk of WU's been dumped like that....

I agree with you, but you also have to admit to knowing that people have been dropping WUs/blocking servers/etc for years before this was in existence.

I agree with you, but you also have to admit to knowing that people have been dropping WUs/blocking servers/etc for years before this was in existence.

Oh yes, it has always been a problem but thankfully it was limited to only a few people at any one time. This could make it a lot more common :(

Oh yes, it has always been a problem but thankfully it was limited to only a few people at any one time. This could make it a lot more common :(

Keep in mind that we haven't discussed that the Curecoin miners are doing this. Instead, we've only theorized that there is a greater incentive to do so. If PG and Curecoin developed this together, I'd bet they have some checks and balances built in.

MAN THE LIFEBOAT! WE'RE GOING UNDER!

HOW are these miners still mining Curecoin??
MAN THE LIFEBOAT!.PNG

Well, atleast it's for a good cause. :)
I can live with that when they pass us.

Also, summer is here? Our PPD is steadily dropping... :(

The first day of spring 2015 in the northern hemisphere is March 20th; summer June 21st.

For me the question is why are so many folders putting resources into curecoin.

Wow... I have no idea. I haven't followed this in months. The only thing I can think of is that its still making some money somehow for these people...?

Doesn't 'coin' mining get more and more difficult to mine? It must be so freaking hard to get any profit outta it.

Difficulty will vary... but the value in the coin, or lack there of, is what gets me. I guess some cost offset is better than none? So maybe that is why they stick with it? No clue. Its value is ALL over the map though as I look at it. BUt it is fairly high now.

Back