• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cluster

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

biosboy4

I would like to build a cluster out of my 2 main rigs (the top 2 in my sig) and try to use if for video/special effects and gaming.

My question is simple... where do I start? and just to let you know, you're not going to talk me out of it. It's a project I've been wanting to do for ever, so even if it doesn't work I'll have at least scratched the itch.

Edit: It's not the top 2 rigs in my sig... but rather the top one and the 3rd one. (The 2 faster Celeron builds) my mistake..

Last edited:
What about windows? I'm all for linux but I would like to try it out with windows also.

Just to let you know, clustered computing/beowolf is for large number crunching, such as finding pi to a trillion places. For video games, you'll most likely experience a drop in performance due communication delays between the computers.

Back