• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How's this for a first attempt?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

roguetide

Registered
:confused:

Right, here's my overclock;

Got 3.6ghz from a 3.0ghz. Sorted my memory timings - 4 - 4 - 4 - 12. Lol I have no idea about voltages though - any help?

Here's what I got anyways;

heat.jpg

If the link doesn't work - I've got it @ 100% load, both cores between 43c - 48c.

I think that's a bit hot though?

Idle atm at 38. Steady.

Though I think my cooling can be better since I have 3 case fans;

1) Front - Blowing in.
2) Back - Sucking out.
3) Top/back (above processor) - Blowing in. Should this one be sucking out? Cuz it's hitting the flat side of the big heat sink...

Cheers guys - And thanks to those who helped me in the other thread, appreciated

Even though I left it at full load for 2 hours with no failure, when I opened photoshop the computer crashed. So I lowered the CPU to 3.37ghz.

Nice temps. I've got the same processor as you and my idle temps at stock clocks are about 38c...And thats with AC5 and a huge heatsink and fan. Oh well...

Thanks, although I'm not 100% of how stable it is. I've got some big-*** heatsink and fan too, but my nice big case helps cool :)

Not sure what that cpu100% program you're using is, but you're better off using orthos or prime to test your stability.

Gunna get Orthos, thanks for the Advice. The CPU100% thing came up when I googled "CPU Full load software" :p

Uh...

Just ran Orthos, got an error;

Type: Blend - stress CPU and RAM Min: 8 Max: 4096 InPlace: No Mem: 1791 Time: 15
CPU: 3375MHz FSB: 375MHz [375MHz x 9.0 est.]
CPU: 3375MHz FSB: 375MHz [375MHz x 9.0 est.]
01/01/2007 01:09
Launching 2 threads...
1:Using CPU #0
2:Using CPU #1
1:Beginning a continuous self-test to check your computer.
2:Beginning a continuous self-test to check your computer.
1:press Stop to end this test.
2:press Stop to end this test.
1:Test 1, 4000 Lucas-Lehmer iterations of M19922945 using 1024K FFT length.
2:Test 1, 4000 Lucas-Lehmer iterations of M19922945 using 1024K FFT length.
1:FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.5, expected less than 0.4
1:Hardware failure detected, consult stress.txt file.
1:Torture Test ran 0 minutes 31 seconds - 1 errors, 0 warnings.
1:Execution halted.

2:Torture Test ran 0 minutes 31 seconds - 0 errors, 0 warnings.
2:Execution halted.

Any ideas?

Gay - getting so many crashes now!! Reverted back to BIOS defaults and it seems alright - by my temp is in the 40's @ stock now...

Seems to be the RAM timing causing problems though, since I restarted with CPU defaults + ram @ manual, and it caused a few lockups.

If you get an error in orthos, you need to either increase the voltages or decrease the clock. I havent used it in a while, but orthos used to only handle one core per instance, while prime95 would run for all of them. Not a big deal, and otherwise they're the same program. Either way, run it for ~6 hours minimum, and watch the temps all the while.

It seems that CPU100% only runs your CPU to 100% (who would have thought?) without checking for errors.

If you get an error in orthos, you need to either increase the voltages or decrease the clock. I havent used it in a while, but orthos used to only handle one core per instance, while prime95 would run for all of them. Not a big deal, and otherwise they're the same program. Either way, run it for ~6 hours minimum, and watch the temps all the while.

It seems that CPU100% only runs your CPU to 100% (who would have thought?) without checking for errors.

you reversed it. Prime95 runs for one core, where as Orthos runs 2 cores. You need to run 2 instances of orthos for 4 cores.

you reversed it. Prime95 runs for one core, where as Orthos runs 2 cores. You need to run 2 instances of orthos for 4 cores.

P95 runs 4 cores on one window whenever I run it. :confused:
Perhaps theyre both updated from the 1 instance usages.

Back