• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

urgent peltier question, especially for those with Alpha PAL6035

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mdh

Registered
Oh wise ones,

getting my first peltier today. have done my homework, and think I know enough to proceed - save for one little detail: it seems to me the "springy" bar clamp that holds my PAL down on the CPU will have to be tweaked to make room to fix the peltier in between them. if I don't bend it a bit, the clamp will be exerting too much pressure yes/no?

please respond asap, want to install tonight.

thanks,

mike

well, if you wanted to install it that night, then i'm afraid this is a bit late...

you're posting this in the amd section, which would lead my to suggest that you're wanting to cool an amd processor with this pelt/6035 combo. well, if you've done it, you'll already have seen the results, and if you haven't, then don't bother. current high-end amd processors throw out waaaay to much heat for any pelt that could be cooled with a heatsink. you'll need a minimum of a 118w pelt to be effective, and the 6035 or any other normal heatsink can't cope with that, let alone anything higher. if you want to peltier-cool a tbird or duron, then it's going to have to be a big peltier and watercooling, i'm afraid.

if you have an intel processor, then you might get away with a hsf and smaller pelt, but then this post is in the wrong place....

Back