• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question on Nodes

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mr.DLucey

I have comcast cable, question is, does any one know how many households is the maximum per node?

How can I find out? What questions should I ask if this is not the one. I believe they are just adding and adding on to the node and overloading it if thats the correct terminology so I need to know the Maximum I can have on a node if all the computers were on at once, thanks.

I believe he's talking about the neighborhood node - basically where all the cable meets for "the block."

the node is designed to support a set number of homes and im sure comcast isn't going to tell you that number, but it never hurts to try, you'll need to call the engineering department, you could also try calling or going to the FCC's website and looking for it.

the problem is when they design the node, they pick how many homes it will support, then they have to guess how many people on that node are going to buy the service and what speed package they'll pick, now then could build the node to support all the people having say a 16Mbit connection, but then if not all the people buy the service or go with a smaller speed package then its lose for comcast, so they'll build it to support all the poeple having say a 6Mbit connection and they sale higher speed packages(8, 10, 16) and hope all the people don't get on at the same time or don't use thier full speed all the time.

It really depends on how many people can be on the Port. A node is a media device. The question is how many people can be supported on the Card in the UBR. Best bet is do not ask. Its not public information and they will not tell you.

Back