• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with overclocking Phenom II 965 BE

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
im no pro but 61°C seems pretty hot, isnt it? is it prime95 small FFT stable for hours?

im just curious :)

It spiked to 61c only for a second. During blend test temp are 55-57c for 7 hours and its still runing.

well, i ask because i read amd's architecture is not for temps beyond 55°C +

but 7 hours prime stable prove those guides are wrong :)

Stable is what stable is. Once outside the specs there is no stability guarantee. You could run P95 for 2 days, then try F@H and it crashed after 2 hrs. We just try our best to prevent that. !!

Which values you set to make it work?
Right now I'm testing it at 2.8GHZ 1.275V, see if it holds for a couple of weeks without giving me any trouble. Then I will probably lower it to 1.250v and do the same trial and error.
Though, what I notice (at least on my particular case) that lately, the moment I enable C&Q it becomes unstable (gaming) even if it passes Prime95.

Almost 15 hours and still runing on blend test. When room temp was lowered after midnight test temp were 54-55c. I think that this is pretty much stable. Do I need to run some other test?

sfce.jpg

Also I looked at this thread and I am totally confused how he can maintain stable OC with those settings and getting high temp with lower voltage and with same cooler as mine.

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=735103

Almost 15 hours and still runing on blend test. When room temp was lowered after midnight test temp were 54-55c. I think that this is pretty much stable. Do I need to run some other test?

sfce.jpg

Also I looked at this thread and I am totally confused how he can maintain stable OC with those settings and getting high temp with lower voltage and with same cooler as mine.

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=735103

The ultimate test is now playing your favourites games, because is useless if its Prime95 stable but can't endure gaming sessions.

I use F@H for system wide stability and heat testing. It will utilize CPU and GPU's to 100% which will show fairly quickly if you get heat build up in your case.

I use F@H for system wide stability and heat testing. It will utilize CPU and GPU's to 100% which will show fairly quickly if you get heat build up in your case.

I am not familiar with that program. Can you please post me a link?

Folding at Home is organized by Stanford university. They use "donated" time on thousands of computers to do protien research, to aid in producing cures. Here's a link to OCF's Folding team. This will give you instructions on how to set things up and join team 32 if you're interested. Then you can have one of those fancy blue red and yellow protein thingies under your name.http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=664162

Will i have better performance while playing games if i set OC to 3.8 Ghz and NB frequency to 2600 Mhz or with 4 Ghz and NB frequency on 2400 Mhz?

Will i have better performance while playing games if i set OC to 3.8 Ghz and NB frequency to 2600 Mhz or with 4 Ghz and NB frequency on 2400 Mhz?

Depends on the game in my experience, for example I get no performance increase in "World of Tanks" but I do in "Battlefield 3". But in general, yes, you will.

Depends on the game in my experience, for example I get no performance increase in "World of Tanks" but I do in "Battlefield 3". But in general, yes, you will.

Well you did not clearly said which OC is better:)

This is where your experimenting will tell the real tale. Every setup is different, what works for me may not be the best for you. Testing on the games you play is the best way to find out.

^ +1 No bout adoubt it. :thup:
Real time testing is the only way to know. When I'm setting things up for Gaming a good 3d bench is my tool. I will tinker with NB and Ram speed till I'm happy. I typically use 3D mark Firestrike since it's quite demanding and breaks the score down into CPU/GPU.

Well I tested both OC settings in Borderlands 2 because that game is more CPU demanding then GPU demanding and i did not notice any real difference. Also I tested both OC with Witcher 2 and Tomb Raider and also did not notice any difference so I enabled OC to 4 Ghz NB 2400 Mhz.

If you're running less V Core at 3.8 and don't notice the difference between 3.8 and 4.0 I'd do 3.8.

If you're running less V Core at 3.8 and don't notice the difference between 3.8 and 4.0 I'd do 3.8.

As I said in those games I did not notice differences but in benchmarking there is differences. In linx with 3.8 Ghz and NB 2600 Mhz i get 48,xxxx Gflops but with 4 Ghz andNB 2400 Mhz i get 51,xxxx Gflops.

Regarding those results I am little confused which OC is better.

Maybe my gpu cannot go any better and because of that i didn't see any real difference in games??

Back