• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Duron 800 not enough core voltage

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Woosh123

In the cpu speeds people are saying that at 1.85 volts on an 750 they are getting 1200 ?????? IM not only 1G I have Abit KT7A Raid and have seen talk about a 2 stage mod for the board for 2.3 Volts does anyone have DETAILED instructions photos of how to do this . I only got this board on Friday and do not want to kill it. Thanks.

Have a look at the second page in "AMD Motherboards"
I asked this question a while ago...

Good luck I already destroyed one of my abit boards that way. You better have a real steady hand and be seriously decent at soldering. I'm pretty good and still managed to goof it up. Felt dumb after I messed it up because I had it right and went for perfection on the soldier. What an idiot! It's a little above moderate skill level to soldier in the one point on the motherboard. One point is god awful easy and the other is tough. Use thin wire and relax when you soldier with a real small gun. 30k ohm resistor down to like 10 k ohm you can use. You can destroy your board that way, so you better have the tools and the confidence before attempting the voltage mod.

JJ is right.
The Phase 1 and 2 voltage mod is not the project to learn soldering on, but not nearly as painstaking as soldering those L1 bridges was.

Hoot

Hoot (Mar 25, 2001 01:53 p.m.):
JJ is right.
The Phase 1 and 2 voltage mod is not the project to learn soldering on, but not nearly as painstaking as soldering those L1 bridges was.

Hoot

you soldered those little bastards!!? CRAZY. i just used window defoger repair kit :)

Duron 800 @ 2.5V stuck at 1050 Pissed OFF!!!

Well I plucked up courage and did phase 1 + 2 moda on AbitKT7A Raid lots of voltage water cooled at 30 degrees still stuck at 1050 WTF is going on bumped up from 3.4 to 3.5 on bus still no good??? I welcome any ideas.

Back