• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Recommended PSU's - True/Tested

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The fan will spin up as needed. It is temperature controlled. I am not surprised yours doesn't budge considering you do not have a GPU (listed in your sig at least) and you are only pulling less than 150W at worst.

That said, in order to get on the list here, a professional review is required.

I'm so sorry for not writing a GPU in my signature xD, i forgot!
I'm using GTX 650 Ti factory Oveclock.

So it's consuming more than just 150W.

But yeah, i would guess its comsuming less than 550W, because i have for like a 3 to 4 months now, and fan, except at boot, never was spining.

I'm not saying to put it on the list, but just recommending it, because of looks, brand and noise.

With the 650ti, you would be lucky to break 250W load. ;)

I'm not saying to put it on the list, but just recommending it, because of looks, brand and noise.
Buying a PSU on that reasoning alone is exactly why this forum, and others, have threads like this. Those should not be the primary reasons to buy a PSU, but should factor in after all the 'real' reasons, like low ripple, noise, solid internals, etc. AKA..PROPER testing of the PSU. :)

Buying a PSU on that reasoning alone is exactly why this forum, and others, have threads like this.

I've been also asking around on forum. Since it's Corsair, it has to be "good", or atleast decent. Since Corsair has "top notch PSU's". :)

Buying a PSU on that reasoning alone is exactly why this forum, and others, have threads like this. Those should not be the primary reasons to buy a PSU, but should factor in after all the 'real' reasons, like low ripple, noise, solid internals, etc. AKA..PROPER testing of the PSU. :)

That's why I posted the Rosewill Hive 650 review. As far as I can tell the testing was very thorough, and even points at that on their test model, the cap's are not "Japanese" as claimed on the marketing. Decent "budget" friendly part's are always a good option to the high-end for people that don't have the money to buy the best part's, but are limited to the best parts they can get.

I've been also asking around on forum. Since it's Corsair, it has to be "good", or atleast decent. Since Corsair has "top notch PSU's". :)

Blanket statements like this is why we have this thread. Corsair has had its share of crap PSUs just like everyone else.

Blanket statements like this is why we have this thread. Corsair has had its share of crap PSUs just like everyone else.

I believe it has. That's why i bought a pricy one, made in 2013. :D
I'm not a PSU expert, and that's why i'm looking at threads like this one ;)

I havent seen a crap corsair...some are tier 2/3 (cx class?), but none I would consider crap. Can someone link a reputable review to a crap corsair for me? This is one line that, tier 1,2,3 I reccomend...

And by crap I mean out spec things or not being able to output it's rated load at it's rated temperature...

I havent seen a crap corsair...some are tier 2/3 (cx class?), but none I would consider crap. Can someone link a reputable review to a crap corsair for me? This is one line that, tier 1,2,3 I reccomend...

And by crap I mean out spec things or not being able to output it's rated load at it's rated temperature...

I thought the old CX stuff wasn't worth buying. The newer CX stuff is decent, especially for the price, though.

The cx stuff had a streak of defective units if I recall, but was always good for the price when they worked right. And of course the problem with saying corsair makes great psus is that corsair doesn't make any psus. Their high end ones are seasonic and the low end ones are channelwell.

The cx stuff had a streak of defective units if I recall, but was always good for the price when they worked right. And of course the problem with saying corsair makes great psus is that corsair doesn't make any psus. Their high end ones are seasonic and the low end ones are channelwell.

Maybe that's what I'm remembering.

Yep, Corsair doesn't make any PSUs. All rebrands of another OEM. The same can be said about quite a few brands though.

Maybe that's what I'm remembering.

Yep, Corsair doesn't make any PSUs. All rebrands of another OEM. The same can be said about quite a few brands though.

Ok, i'm just going to leave it with the experts... I just wanted to say, that GS 700 is a nice PSU. :)

Ahh yes, I recall hearing about that now... Ironically, those that failed are CWT models.

Since we are splitting hairs...as far as who makes the Corsair PSU's, its more than that now... Chicony I believe makes some of the TX line, and Flextronics does some/all of the Axi series.

Ok, i'm just going to leave it with the experts...)
:thup:

I'm curious of the 1U 500 watt PSU that comes in the new EVGA hadron..

It's a FSP500-501UN. I could only find the FSP500-701UN on FSP's site (guessing it's a newer model), but I was able to find the FSP500-501UN datasheet on Sparkle Power Inc.

There aren't any reviews on the PSU itself. The first article that pops up in Google when searching "FSP500-501UN review" is my Hadron review...:rofl:

It's a FSP500-501UN. I could only find the FSP500-701UN on FSP's site (guessing it's a newer model), but I was able to find the FSP500-501UN datasheet on Sparkle Power Inc.

There aren't any reviews on the PSU itself. The first article that pops up in Google when searching "FSP500-501UN review" is my Hadron review...:rofl:

Nice, just read your review.. I am really looking at this case to fit in my entertainment unit. My silverstone 08 is or but not as small as the hadron. I would love to see some crossloads on that PSU.

Wondering why the Corsair RM series (850 in my case) didn't make the cut?

I admit I didn't read all 21 pages of this thread, please forgive if it's been covered before. :chair:

:salute:

Blaylock,

If you find a reputable review from those Diaz lists at the bottom of his thread, send him the link and he'll list it.

RT, updated with the PSU you sent me, I'll look to see what's out this weekend. :D

12 June update completed, also added a few suggestions sent to me by PM. Thanks Luke1978 and Baylock!

Back