• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Antec Nine Hundred, can this case fit 4 hard drives?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

crimson1566

It looks like it can but i don't see where it says if it can.

edit: i think i answered my oen question. "six 3.5" drives can be installed in cages behind the fans, and these can be arranged along the front any way you like." So basically 6 hard drives right?

Yeh, they use 5.25 bay to 3.5" bay adapter cages (if I remember rightly) .. You'll get two adapter cages with the case so you can stick 2 of your HDDs in each, that way they won't heat each other up .. Although the cages have 120mm fans mounted on em too ..

FYI, the case is not that good if you plan on having a lot of HDDs and large video cards. Everything will be a tight fit, very tight.

It will not be a tight fit. You could easilly fit 5 HDD's and two GFX cards. I've done it, and alot more with this case. This of course assumes that you know how to manage your cables. Do you know how to manage your cables???

It will not be a tight fit. You could easilly fit 5 HDD's and two GFX cards. I've done it, and alot more with this case. This of course assumes that you know how to manage your cables. Do you know how to manage your cables???

I'm talking about the high end gfx cards that are as long, or longer than a full size ATX motherboard. I've built systems with such hardware and with more than 4 hard drives. I will you this, it was a pain in the butt.

I'm talking about the high end gfx cards that are as long, or longer than a full size ATX motherboard. I've built systems with such hardware and with more than 4 hard drives. I will you this, it was a pain in the butt.

I'm talking about the 8800GTX. They don't come much bigger.

Here's an example with only two harddrives and one card. But it's pretty easy to see the ample space for the second card and 3 more hard drives.

As long as you have holes, route the cables out the back and make sure the HDD and cables are installed b4 the GFX' cards and it's ok. Need some work space? Well, your machine should be turned off anyway. Take out the GFx card(s). No biggie. I mean, you're not really going to do work on anything with the GFX cards still in there are you?

So, this all assumes you're not afraid to pick up a hole saw and dremmel.

I personally like the top bay clear for airflow so I removed two of my HHD's, but when they were in, it was not a problem.

Of course for someone that doesn't like to mod a case a little, it will be tight.

Back