• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My work in progress 750D

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SteveeDoodle

Registered
First of all I would like to introduce myself. My name is Steve, I have been on a quest to build a kick *** gaming PC for quite some time... After many hours of research and plenty of mistakes: this is what I came up with... What is pictured is now different but I will upload some of the new pictures tomorrow, once my Nikon is charged... BUT I mainly wanted to share some of my mistakes and how I overcame them... ENDING up with a what I would like to think of as a kick *** sexy gaming machine.

Corsair 750D
Corsair AX860i (had a 750 as pictured - I was not pleased)
Intel i7 4771
Corsair Dominator Platinum's 1866Mhz 4 x 4GB
Asus Sabertooh Z87 (had the gigabyte G1.Sniper - I was not pleased)
Samsung EVO 120GB SSD
Western Digital HDD 2TB x 2
Western Digital HDD 320GB x 1 (backup of SSD)
Noctua 140MM pwm x 3 (case fans)
Noctua 120MM fxt x 2 (radiator)
XSPC EX240 with rev. 4 pump
EVGA GeForce GTX 780 hydrocopper DUAL BIOS
NZXT lighting

SOON TO COME
-one more radiator once I find out if my current pump can handle the load - waiting for a response from XSPC
-500GB or 1TB SSD for steam games
-one more GTX 780 hydrocopper

-looking for a clean looking answer to the heavy GPUs sagging problem.

Please enjoy the pictures... Tomorrow or within a few days I will have more pictures with the new stuff in :)

I look forward to comments, advice, tips, and criticism

2_zps6de10607.jpg
1_zps09e3f595.jpg

Lookin good! My only suggestion would be to maybe tighten up those power cables in there! Look a little loosey goosey :)

Lukesrothman
I agree highly and I plan on fixing those this evening :) looking for ways to fix themI have some iinteresting ideas that could make it look great!

Skorpien,
I am going to try a few things and for sure going to use the zip ties still flipped around. I'm also going to fab my own holder for them I think. I had a cool idea thrown my way from my father. I want to try it.

Thank you for the comments!!! Here are some updated pics, with new PSU and new MOBO.

I didn't find any way that worked for me, so this will do for now for wiring... I will buy some different methods and try them and post as I go.

LIKE always very open to criticism.

DSC_4478_zps48fa25bb.jpg
DSC_4475_zps21b84d30.jpg
DSC_4473_zps469e376b.jpg
DSC_4457_zpsf21c0a8c.jpg
DSC_4430_zpsf74e267a.jpg

I would like to think of myself as a pretty good DSLR user and I am very unsatisfied with these pictures...

I was using F stop of 1.8 and about 3 to 5 seconds of exposure.

the lighting in my house and my camera was NOT happy with the LED lights... I am going to keep taking pictures until I get ones I love... I really want get good pics of ram and what not but so far no luck...

BUT like always thank you for the compliments.

I would like to think of myself as a pretty good DSLR user and I am very unsatisfied with these pictures...

I was using F stop of 1.8 and about 3 to 5 seconds of exposure.

the lighting in my house and my camera was NOT happy with the LED lights... I am going to keep taking pictures until I get ones I love... I really want get good pics of ram and what not but so far no luck...

BUT like always thank you for the compliments.

Haha, reason I ask is I am a photographer and do a ton of photography. Shooting a 5d iii. Check out my website - www.lukestrothman.com

Not to go too off topic here but we do have some Photography threads here and here. Please post your amazing work, both of you. We have some guys on the forums that like to have fun with their cams as well. I am an amateur with a Lumix GF-3 still learning the basics.

Also luke, beautiful pic of the city I was born in on your site. Can I ask you for a 5760x1080 of it and a night skyline image of it all for my surround background if its not too much trouble? lol :p Nice pics of your models btw. ;)

Not to go too off topic here but we do have some Photography threads here and here. Please post your amazing work, both of you. We have some guys on the forums that like to have fun with their cams as well. I am an amateur with a Lumix GF-3 still learning the basics.

Also luke, beautiful pic of the city I was born in on your site. Can I ask you for a 5760x1080 of it and a night skyline image of it all for my surround background if its not too much trouble? lol :p Nice pics of your models btw. ;)

Hahaha thanks Jack! :)

PM me what you want and maybe I'll be nice and send one your way... Typically I do CHARGE though :)

I will check out those pages :)

Back on topic I plan on moving my HDD housing to the left and adding a radiator with 2 extra fans to the front of the case if I can figure out the mounting. I am also not sure if my ex240 pump can handle the extra rad or not. I wrote XSPC an email a few days ago and so far silence.

Steve

added a Rad to my case today... I think I like it much more now because im filling up the case, doesnt look like a desert in there. I have not done the tubing yet. I will do that on sat or sun. I have to think of a smart way to drain my fluids :(

20140313_191322_zps0a3b4634.jpg
20140313_191247_zpsbacbdd59.jpg

Back