• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

my very first case modding

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jmh474

Registered
So i had some free time and spare money laying around (dont happen very often) and i always wanted to mod my case and do some updating

this is what i had to start with

IMG_20140221_092111_zpsb0beb634.jpg

IMG_20140221_092235_zps7f92afef.jpg

so i went on the internet and started looking about and ordering stuff god i wish i had more money at the time lol there is some nice stuff out there.

And this is part of the list i got myself

new mother-board, ram (6GB), CPU (2.6gh 3 core), CPU fan, fans, PSU, lights, fan controller, dvd driver, power and reset button, could not wait to start on my mission first off i striped the old case of all the off hardware some pretty old stuff in there

IMG_20140221_092805_zps4b0420e9.jpg

first off i changed where the hard drives sit so more air can be drawn in easier from the front, then i decided to change the front plate, so i cut abit of black perspex sheet out for the new front plate then i soldered cables to the new power and reset buttons and fitted them and cut a hole out for a 120mm fan i then cut the hole out for the window and added a hole in the middle of the window so its over the CPU fan (which was nice) another 120mm fan then i went on to cut another 120mm hole into the top for the case for a fan and then fitted all the fans in place and PSU i cut a hold in the side of the mother-board platform to take the cabbleing into the other side of the case and cut another hole for the back of the CPU fan bracket, then mount mother-board, hard drives x 2, and dvd drive, fan controller and usb card reader and started on cable management placing heat probes and connecting fans and sata cables and finishing off with power cables and then fitting graphics card and external sata card, my next task was fitting the lighting which im thinking of changing as i have a spare way on the fan controller wondering if this will work as a dimmer?? (lighting is LED's) and i think you know the rest install os win 7 im playing with the idea of installing android as well for my son as its easy to use for my son as he is only 5, so thats my story iv just got to spray the side and top and im thinking of engraving the window with lighting or something not shore yet, just wish i took more pictures for you all, iv got to say if you have not done anything like this yet and are thinking about it i would go for it it is alot of fun and you learn so much, i would defiantly do it again and again and again so here is what iv come up with hope you like it

IMG_20140307_232730_zps95ecffb3.jpg

as you can see from all the tools this was the first power up

IMG_20140307_232809_zps592d12c1.jpg

if you have any comments i would love to here them thanks for reading

Aside from the huge blob of text ( :p ) Nice work! :thup:

That case looks really good with the blue LED lighting. :)

Back