• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD VIA KT400 Doesnt Support DDR400!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
all that means is that VIA does not offically support it. All that matters is that if there is a 1/6 PCI divisor. If its there then it doesnt matter. And despite what that article says SiS does not offically support DDR400.

Why wouldn't they support it? It doesn't make any sense. You have a chipset to be 400, but doesn't support ram to be 400, so whats the point of getting a KT400 chipset?

Thats as far as I understand it. I can't wait until the hammer.

Yeah, but it not only lacks support for hypertransport, it lacks official support for DDR400. I mean, we ghetto our systems up to a 400 DDR FSB, but it's really different when it's supported. Then 400 isn't the cieling, it's just the begining.

Why did they call it a KT400 without DDR400 support?

--Illah

I have no clue. Maybe, they flopped with DDR400 or something and could not get there chipset stable enough for 2-2-2 400MHz so they just gave up and settled for DDR333.

KT400 still has a few advantages over KT333,

AGP8X, 8X V-link, USB2.0

Although even 8X V-Link is inferrior to AMD's hypertransport.

DS-Master

Maybe because DDR400 has no official specification yet! It supports DDR400, but you will probably have to update the bios with the official DDR400 is released but for now you can use the fake stuff with it.

i really dont think anyone here in this board would ever get a KT400 over the nforce 2 unless the nforce 2 REALLY SUCK in one area (like they aint stable at all).

the nforce 2 will have the 1/6 divisor, 400ddr, and 1:1 set ratio!

what more can a overclocker ask for?

EDIT: it seems like the KT400 will be the same thing as the KT333A which never came out

man i was going to wait for the KT-400 to see if it would perform with the nforce 2, but with hypertransport(im gunna upgrade to a barton eventually)wats the point even if i came close, he nforce2 will have already been out for a month just enough time to see how it stacks up, all hale nforce2! or better yet Epox EP-8RDA+ (nForce2) !!!!!! oh and i read some where that the turbo version of the nforce 2 south bridge would come with a live drive like thingy since its dolby digital and with a remote! that would kick ***! i cant wait!

i want to get the abit nforce 2 to go with a water coolin rig i am makin but unless abit adds some holes around the socket, i may need to get a MSI (in the original pics the abit had no holes around socket).

i have had way to bad experience w/ epox to ever try them again and asus refuses to part from jumpers

I was also looking forword to seeing what the KT-400 would bring that would compeat with the nForce... but this looks sad.

I've been dreaming about an ASUS or ABIT nForce2 mainboard for a little while now, one with the nForce2 IGP and the MCP-T, if it also came with a livedrive like thing, that would kick a#!

Back