• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Phenom II X6

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Douken

Welcome to your information source on the Phenom II X6 Thuban.

Overview:

The Phenom II X6 codename Thuban is the new flagship processor of AMD, boasting 6 cores and the new Turbo Core technology. This line of processors is a step forward for AMD, bringing competition to the CPU battle arena.

Specs:

CPUscomparisonamdx6doukenv3.png

Voltagesx6doukenv2.png
Max Temp for 1090T & 1055T is: 62C

Core Codename - Thuban

* Six AMD K10 cores
* 45 nm SOI with Immersion Lithography
* L1 cache: 64 kB + 64 kB (data + instructions) per core
* L2 cache: 512 kB per core, full-speed
* L3 cache: 6 MB shared between all cores.
* Memory controller: dual channel DDR2-1066 MHz (AM2+), dual channel DDR3-1333 (AM3) with unganging option
* MMX, Extended 3DNow!, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSE4a, AMD64, Cool'n'Quiet, NX bit, AMD-V
* Turbo CORE
* Socket AM2+, Socket AM3, HyperTransport with 1800 to 2000 MHz

Turbo Core:

TC01.jpg
Conceptual Idea

TC02.jpg
How it works

Turbo Core is a performance boosting technology that automatically overclocks active CPU cores. It is automatically enabled and no extra software is required other than bios update or drivers. It only works on AM3 motherboards. The CPU stays within TDP and voltage limits. The boost can be of up to 500MHz depending on model. To stay within TDP limits it basically grabs active cores, for example 3 boost its speed, while the other 3 are underclock, this way it can efficiently overclock the cores you need while staying within TDP limits.

CPU-Z pics on Idle, light load and heavy load showing Turbo Core changes on CPU.

Videos of Turbo Core in Action:

Turbo Core on Single Threaded App
Turbo Core on Multi-Threaded App

Models:
Stock Speed/Turbo Core Speed.

* Phenom II X6 1090T BE: 3.2GHz / 3.6GHz / 125w (400MHz Turbo Core Boost)
* Phenom II X6 1055T: 2.8GHz / 3.3GHz / 125w, 95w (500MHz TCB)
-----------
* Phenom II X6 1075T: 3.0GHz / 3.5GHz / 125w (500MHz TCB) [launch later this year]
* Phenom II X6 1035T: 2.6GHz / 3.1GHz / 95w (500MHz TCB) [launch later this year]
* Phenom II X4 960T: 3.0 GHz/ 3.4GHz / 95w (400MHz TCB) [launch later this year]

Released April 27th 2010!

Benchmarks:

Toms Hardware
Anandtech
PC Watch (Translated from Japanese)
Xbitlabs
TweakTown
HEXUS
Madbox PC (Translated from Spanish)
Bjorn3D
Guru3d
Neoseeker
Overclokers Club
Benchmark Reviews
Extreme Tech
OC Holic
Extreme Overclocking
Bit Tech

Prices

pricex6doukenv2.png

Last edited:
A friend from Argentina found this box pictures for me

smp1040350.jpg

smp1040346.jpg

smp1040355.jpg

More pics here

Post any good info and I'll try to put it up here :)

Last edited:
Done, at around $230 the 1055T is definitely the bang for the buck. I find Hexa-core for $600+ bucks cheaper than Intel's offering is better any day.

Also found they already have the 1090T and 1055T for sale already in Spain here and here.

Last edited:
I don't care who you are, you have to admit that even if the Gulftowns perform better than the Thubans, you could buy a dual socket mobo and run at least two Thubans for the price of one single Gulftown.

:thup: +1

I can't wait for these to be released! I hope one of the 95w versions like the 1035T works in my AM2+ board, but some people are saying the DDR2 IMC might not be there... Oh well, a new 800 series chipset AM3 board would be nice =D

I can't wait for these to be released! I hope one of the 95w versions like the 1035T works in my AM2+ board, but some people are saying the DDR2 IMC might not be there... Oh well, a new 800 series chipset AM3 board would be nice =D

It probably will with a BIOS update :D

Wow... 6 cores, and cheap! Is this available here in the US?

Launch date is next week, April the 27th.

ASUS has now a full range of boards and...

ASUS said:
Simple BIOS Upgrade For Six-core Activation

ASUS’ M4 Series motherboard is ready for the AMD® Phenom™ II X6 processors. To enable 6-core CPU and achieve maximum performance, users simply need to update the BIOS of their existing M4 Series.

PS: If you guys notice I'm changing & organizing the 1st post.

Yes, and from the link above, I'm sorry I asked the question... :sly:

Don't worry, he was just saying that because that kind of question would turn any thread to an AMD Vs. Intel War and then mods would close the thread. But don't be sorry for asking anything, we're here to help with questions :D

Finally! I've been waiting for a cheap six core chip to come out for what seems like forever. These will be perfect for running CFD and multiphysics simulations. Now I just need the cost of memory to come down.

Don't worry, he was just saying that because that kind of question would turn any thread to an AMD Vs. Intel War and then mods would close the thread. But don't be sorry for asking anything, we're here to help with questions :D

Thanks.. Been out of the AMD loop for some time, and I really was not sure where they lay in terms of performance.. Did not know that AMD was so far behind... I don't mean this comment to be negative or flaming anyone. That link puts everything into prospective. The CPU chart has all of the Intel on top and when you go further down you start to see a few AMD CPU's...

I guess at this point we can't compare AMD to Intel, but rather compare AMD to AMD. Since people wanting to go quad may want to switch to a six core for about the same cost...

AMD is sure priced right... making it a much more cost effective solution.

Thanks for the info guys!

ZINGGGG!!!! Take that intel! And the server ccrown is ours again!

I don't even want to look at the top, I want to focus on the dual opteron 6174's @ 2.2ghz nearly edging out the dual x5670's @ what is this? 3.3ghz?!?!?! 100ish points!!!

Back