• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Phenom II X6

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I may not use the turbo core feature if im overclocking the chip to the limit but its a really cool feature for people that cant/don't know how to overclock their chip. I'm excited to see how this cpu folds. When i get one i want to compare the PPD my 965 gets to the 1055 or 1090t. I'm sure it will be a bit more efficient in terms of power consumption. 12 cpu cores folding would just be unreal. Too bad they dont have a 12 core phenom on the AM3 publically in the works yet.
My 965 hammers all the games i play on it now. I'm really looking forward to see how it handles my multi-threaded games like GRiD/DiRT 2/ BFBC2 compared to my 965, although i have the feeling either way its going to be my gfx card holding it back.

I'm still dubious of the amd intel comparison.
My qx6700 may be able to beat my 965 in superPi but the 965 has my 6700 beat in gaming by a long shot. I guess it comes down to what aspects the benchmark programs are basing their scores on. I think both chips have different tasks that they excel at compared to the other and its not a cut and dry decision like the benchmark software generated graphs make it out to be.

Last edited:
If I had an X6 I would use Turbo Core since I don't fold very often and I think it would help applications in general while saving dollars on my bill.

My god, at that price it kinda feels they're giving it away for free.

Now, let the OC and benchies begin :cool:

man I want one, I see they're $150 after rebates on slickdeals.net for the 1055t. way cheaper than I expected. maybe in a few months I'll get one.

Doesn't sound like they're a whole lot faster than your q9550.. i'd probaby wait for their better 6 cores

Doesn't sound like they're a whole lot faster than your q9550.. i'd probaby wait for their better 6 cores

I think that's like saying Q9550 is faster than i7-930, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Thank You for this thread Douken. I will be getting my 1090t in tomorrow cant wait. This thread has really saved me a bunch of time.

wow thanks xD that makes me happy :) and I'm happy to help :)

Nice, Was hoping this would drop the 955 prices down to 120 but not gonna happen

Hmph, I'm tempted but to be perfectly honest what I'm really waiting for is Bulldozer..... A much more interesting design, and possibly the first chip AMD's had in a long time to match or beat Intel on the performance front..... The wait to 2011 is a long one though.....

Just so long as those things are AM3 I'll be happy.....

Well, I'm bumping this thread because its been a hot topic this week and people are probably looking for info. :D

Last edited:
BTW guys, if you see I'm missing something in the 1st post please do tell :p

Back