• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Trying to source this Chinese ITX NAS Case (NSC-800)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I've tried to contact them for a better price, but the contact person seems not willing (?_?) to trade with me, awful communication...

They promised me to email me a price list in the afternoon, when I talked to them in the morning, but just failed to give me the price even after 2-3 days, so that I've to contact them again, and they just promise and failed their promise... -.- BAD experience with them.

Then, I've ordered one from TaoBao and shipped it to HK, it's a 4 bays model, quality is good, but the shipping fee and time to wait is terrible. Normally I receive my purchase after a day or two, but that takes more than a week to ship to HK, I've no idea what's happening on their side.

The packing size is big and very heavy. It will be extremely expansive to ship it outside Asia, for only a few items / cases.

Feel free to ask me for further information, I'll be happy to help if I can.

FYI, as I know, a new 8 bays version will be available later. that will be able to fit in an add-in card, with the slot space.

I've tried to contact them for a better price, but the contact person seems not willing (?_?) to trade with me, awful communication...

They promised me to email me a price list in the afternoon, when I talked to them in the morning, but just failed to give me the price even after 2-3 days, so that I've to contact them again, and they just promise and failed their promise... -.- BAD experience with them.

Then, I've ordered one from TaoBao and shipped it to HK, it's a 4 bays model, quality is good, but the shipping fee and time to wait is terrible. Normally I receive my purchase after a day or two, but that takes more than a week to ship to HK, I've no idea what's happening on their side.

The packing size is big and very heavy. It will be extremely expansive to ship it outside Asia, for only a few items / cases.

Feel free to ask me for further information, I'll be happy to help if I can.
Thank you for the info. I tried to order it from here http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.10.1&id=9811624088 but i can't register because i don't have Chinese phone number. Anyway if it is very heavy then shipping obviously is an issue. :(

Last edited:
Just FYI, group buys are prohibited by the forum rules - if you guys want to arrange shipping together or trust you will pay someone on the internet and get what you want, you can go ahead and do so at your own risk. We prohibit group buys in the forum rules because people often disappear, payments aren't made, goods aren't shipped - they are just prone to a lot of problems.

Good luck and hope you get what you are looking for - but remember to be cautious. Anyone can sign up here, and we cannot help if there are any problems receiving goods. :thup: Personally, I wouldn't recommend taking the risk unless you know the person you are working with, or if you know the merchant is reputable.

im translating the page but still do not know how to order or contact the seller

Dear geant90,

after reading all the messages about the NSC800 and NSC400 NAS I was trying to find out any other way to order one of these NAS cases.

This is what I found out -> It is a platform for selling all kinds of chinese goods to other countrys.

http://www.cart100.com/

and as you are looking for the NAS cases of U-NAS this is the seller:

http://www.cart100.com/seller/amdfans1700/

or

http://www.cart100.com/seller/lyf8u8/ (but I think they are both the same).

As you can see you can buy the U-NAS N200, U-NAS N400 and U-NAS N600.

This is the homepage of the manufacturer:

http://u-nas.com/V20/index.html (YU TECHNOLOGIES ,INC)

The U-NAS N800 (it is the same as NSC800) is not offered at cart100 actually.

My NAS (U-NAS N400) already arrived after 7 days in europe.

The people from cart100 are situated in shanghai and are very helpful.
After contacting YU TECHNOLOGIES ,INC they told me that two new NAS
systems are in development phase and the release date should be about
february 2013.

sorry - the NSC800 is also sold by amdfans1700

but as I already said - maybe it is better to wait until the new versions are out.

Hi all,

For the NSC-400 chassis; I'm just wondering what the exact clearance between the motherboard socket and the drive cage for the CPU heatsink.
I'm planning to order from "it-tech-uk" when it become available (apparently at the end of January), therefore I would like to purchase all the parts before hands... :)

Cheers,

Hello everyone,

I was wondering (as I sense other people are too) if there have been any developments regarding the v2 of the NSC-800 case?

Also, having read this article, there are some cool things I would like to point out. The company QNAP sells an NAS in an enclosure very similar to the one discussed here. I believe theirs goes for closer to 3 grand a pop. Their 8 bay pro version has a character LCD built into the top right corner and all their devices use the button above the USB port not as a reset, but as a copy button.

Imagine plugging in a flash drive/ small (for now) hard drive, press a button, and your system copies everything over to a nicely named directory in a dedicated area. Much like the "tag + date" option when Windows prompts you to import pictures from a memory card/ photo-ridden flash drive.

Also that LCD is pretty cool. If you check out the gallery tab of the last link (see below) you'll see that character display (it's a 16*2 character display.

Finally, as it has been mentioned in this thread, the LED indicator lights on each hard drive handle are dumb. There is no smart backplane here.

So, what am I getting at here? Arduino is the answer to all these problems. (Other microcontrollers will work too, and cheaper, but if we're willing to spend upwards of $200 for a case, arduino is fine). There can be a small program/ service (it would have to be custom written) running on the computer that will write important information to the arduino board (connected to pc via usb cable) through a virtual serial over USB port. Such information could include the IP address of the [now mostly] [headless] machine, status of the RAID (if applicable), etc... I believe it is also possible to get HDD status information (check out task manager/ resource monitor, it knows the loads of each HDD connected to the system).

A bit of a long shot: Since I don't have this case yet I'm not sure how the status LEDs on the hard drive tray handles are wired, whether they are linked to the drive connector's data pin directly, or if they go through the backplane. If they go through the backplane, it would be possible to "disable" aka scrape away (not fully recommended, just an idea) that connection and instead solder in wires going to the arduino. You can then program the lights to behave however you like (constant fade in/ out, fade when drive idle and blink away based on drive load, fully on if drive is about to fail, Morse Code, etc...)

An even longer shot - get bicolor LEDs in the handle. Assuming that one can gently open up that area of the handle, there are LEDs that light up one of 2 colors (for example green | orange is a common one) based on the polarity applied to it. There are only 2 leads though, not the 3 lead one you'd find inside a computer. That way one can solder in the new LED without messing with the wiring in the rest of the tray. RED = bad drive, green can behave in the fade/ blink way described above.

Finally, the front USB port and copy button. The button can be hooked up to the arduino, if it is pressed then, well, the program figures out which drive is plugged into that port (not entirely sure on how to verify that 100%, perhaps last drive plugged in based on timestamps, but I don't know just yet) make a new folder in \designated directory\1_22_13 USB Drive Name... and copy the entire drive.

I don't plan to have the full arduino dev board in the case, but rather that chip and necessary components on a small circuit board that will plug into the internal usb header and lie parallel to the motherboard.

I hope the above ideas are inspiring and I look forward to hearing responses to them (constructive criticism welcome completely). Also please let me know about the status of the 2nd version of the 8 bay case.

This is my first post here, I think that mademax beat me at it, but I'd like to think my ideas hold some merit too.

QNAP Links:
http://www.qnap.com/useng/index.php?lang=en-us&sn=862&c=355&sc=526&t=690
http://www.qnap.com/useng/index.php?lang=en-us&sn=862&c=355&sc=526&t=690&n=13706
http://www.qnap.com/useng/index.php?lang=en-us&sn=862&c=355&sc=526&t=690&n=9906

Thanks everyone.
Ray

Nice. That would be it.
Thing is the new version is slated for a February 2013, rumor and distributors say, so I advise us all to hold off for this alleged new one.

HOWEVER, there is no guarantee that anything will happen, anytime soon, or later. Based on what other people in this conversation have briefly told me, there are issues with the current version that is out (minor issues that are work-aroundable, but still). So it depends.

I look forward to some of the anticipated features of the new one which I'm not certain about (much like Apple product releases, we know nothing, or do we?) - but it may be for nothing. If you need it go for it, it's a moderately good deal.

Hey folks, I stumbled across this thread on Google while looking for the same case that is mentioned here, and ordered one from cart100.

I'm fast outgrowing my 4 drive FreeNAS box so will use this to slap 4 more drives in there.

A bit off topic but absent any sort of PCIe attachment capability the way to go for getting 8 drives seems to be one of those Jetway atom boards with the daughter card slot that allows you to add 4x more SATA connectors. The board itself has six SATA connectors. Alternatively they have a daughter board with 3x GIGe ports as well, and the board has a mPCIe slot to boot. Mixing and matching would seem to give you the pinnacle of ITX goodness (8 SATA + 5 GIGe, or 10 sata and mPCIe SSD for the NAS OS).

Any of you using that Jetway board by any chance? Doesn't seem to be any info on how a SSD in that mPCIe slot would behave (bootable?).

Back