• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Upgrading 775

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Right. I ll do that but I can tell you that it will work.
But without LLC is goes crazy on the voltages under load.

EDIT:

Like you asked.

SpreadSpectrum is on AUTO, no other option other than disabled.
BCLK on 100.1
NO LLC
Offset +0.005v
Multi x45

Prime loads the core with anything from 1.4v up to 1.44v (and goes through all values in between)
Tends to throttle back to 1.264v at times.

Ill disable throttling and some more options and see what happens.

Still no close to the mystery of where the hell has 1.456v appeared with almost no additional vcore.

EDIT 2:
Disabled thermal throttling. Not that it matters but still.
Idle voltage with all the c-states is 0.976v
Which then rises by almost 0.5v under load.

Last time I had LLC enabled it required higher offset to get it going in the first place but voltages werent as high under load. Mind you they were still up there...

Under these settings Prime95 is stable as a concrete block.
I will bring the multiplier up to 47 and try push the RAM more now, wont bother going for 48+ untill the voltage issue is magically sorted out.

Last edited:
Right. I ll do that but I can tell you that it will work.
But without LLC is goes crazy on the voltages under load.

EDIT:

Like you asked.

SpreadSpectrum is on AUTO, no other option other than disabled.
BCLK on 100.1
NO LLC
Offset +0.005v
Multi x45

Prime loads the core with anything from 1.4v up to 1.44v (and goes through all values in between)
Tends to throttle back to 1.264v at times.

Ill disable throttling and some more options and see what happens.

Still no close to the mystery of where the hell has 1.456v appeared with almost no additional vcore.

EDIT 2:
Disabled thermal throttling. Not that it matters but still.
Idle voltage with all the c-states is 0.976v
Which then rises by almost 0.5v under load.

Last time I had LLC enabled it required higher offset to get it going in the first place but voltages werent as high under load. Mind you they were still up there...

Under these settings Prime95 is stable as a concrete block.
I will bring the multiplier up to 47 and try push the RAM more now, wont bother going for 48+ untill the voltage issue is magically sorted out.

Thanks, that's what I needed to know. Leave everything like that but reduce the offset to a negative value now! -0.05v
What's happening is that the max turbo voltage (when it applies the offset) is applied on top of the VID voltage, which is 1.43v for 4.5ghz on your chip.
So you can now calculate the offset value you need for your desired max voltage under load. -0.05v yould net you 1.38v max voltage under load. :thup:

Thats all nice but last time I put my offset to as much as -0.030v, I could get into UEFI for half an hour of constant freezes and resetting after which i just cleared CMOS...

EDIT:

I am unable to boot into windows at -0.05v with x45 multi. I turned the PLL down to 1.78 i think which is supposed to help in some way.
Going to try and lower to voltage more but this limits my top speed now, since I freeze in boot. Sometiems it will get a BSOD code 124. Should I raise VTT or Vcore to get rid of it?

Last edited:
Nope, just raise the offset value. Sounds like your chip won't take those clocks with little vcore. The board is likely limiting your oc potential...Try 4.4ghz with -0.03v offset. Once you sort this thing out you can start overclocking ram, and that will require fiddling with the vtt and dram voltages...

Well, it was so late and I was so tired that it seemed like a good idea to bump BCLK to 101... And now I keep getting stuck around the loading screen (no GUI boot) and a line of horizontal artifacts appears at the top of the screen. Doesn't go anywhere from that point, doesn't load even at defaults so I can only assume that something gave out.

Which is odd since its the only way of making the RAM go past 2133 with that motherboard and . My assumption is the GPU gave out, however it loads up UEFI just fine. Could be anything 0.0
Just before it broke yesterday it gave a BSOD code F7.

Some chips can't take even a 1mhz in bclk...Reset cmos and start over again with 100.1mhz, follow the guidelines above. You should be able to find a stable 4.5ghz in no time.
At this point we know that board can be finnicky but well, don't give up.

I reset everything and no dice. Eventually I stuck the boot USB in and went to check for disk errors. 5 mintues later and its all fine 0.0

Well, at least now I know that BCLK 101 will screw with my hard drives.
Time to start over.

Hmm, it just won't stabilise anymore. at x46 with indicated 1.46-1.48v under load and it still won't pass a single test in prim95. I think im gonna call it a day, just as soon as I can stabilise x45 0.0 which also doesn't work.

EDIT:
Unbeliveable... Offset I think 0.085 and increased command rate from 1 to 2.
VTT increased slightly, DRAM 1.480 and its fine at 4.7ghz 0.0

AAARGH IT WAS THE BLEEDING RAM ALL ALONG.....

Last edited:
Hmm, it just won't stabilise anymore. at x46 with indicated 1.46-1.48v under load and it still won't pass a single test in prim95. I think im gonna call it a day, just as soon as I can stabilise x45 0.0 which also doesn't work.

EDIT:
Unbeliveable... Offset I think 0.085 and increased command rate from 1 to 2.
VTT increased slightly, DRAM 1.480 and its fine at 4.7ghz 0.0

AAARGH IT WAS THE BLEEDING RAM ALL ALONG.....

Twas thine bloody ram mate :p told ye so...xD
4.7ghz sounds sweet! You're running 2133mhz cl11 too?

Yes I am, albeit at Command rate 2.

But it's stable now and below 1.4v so im happy with that result. :) Next I need some SSD's in raid and a GPU upgrade or at least a gpu oc.

I do wonder though about you saying SSD RAID 0 is pointless. Wouldn't that double the speed of the already crazy fast SSD drives?

With out trim raid 0 performance degrades for write speed
http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/storage/display/kigston-hyperx-ssd-raid0_4.html
QUOTE:
The catastrophic performance hit illustrated by the diagram above is somewhat artificial, however, and only reflects the case of incessant writing. When it comes to real-life scenarios, modern SSD controllers can alleviate the performance hit by erasing unused flash memory pages beforehand. They use two techniques for that: idle-time garbage collection and TRIM. TRIM doesn’t work for RAID0s, however, as the OS has no direct access to the SSDs. Therefore it is quite possible that a single SSD can turn out to be better than a corresponding RAID0 after both have been used for a while.

Hang on does the diagram say that SSD's take a hit when they are full or when they have been used for a total of their capacity i.e. not full but over time I would have written 120gb of data on the drive reinstalling games and shifting files?

Hang on does the diagram say that SSD's take a hit when they are full or when they have been used for a total of their capacity i.e. not full but over time I would have written 120gb of data on the drive reinstalling games and shifting files?

Constant writes wear them out, not exactly 120gb, I think much more...but nevertheless TRIM prevents that to a certain extent, and RAID takes that away from you.

Aculy SSD when it's new there is no data on it, so when you use it fills with data fast, when you remove data off the drive it still leaves data in the spot you removed data, it just removes the sector loacation by removing a nuber or letter from the file, thats how the FBI can recover dat if you just delete data. So a SSD is difrent from a HDD before new data can be wrote to a SSD it has to zero the clusters first then it can write and that is what TRIM does in the back ground when you delet things or or when the temp files deleted. So raid raid 0 there is no trim. So that how the drive slows down.
So trim zeros the cluster so it can be written to immediately.

When I was youger I had sofware to recover deleted Data.

Last edited:
I'm sticking with 4.5GHz as 4.6GHz was just getting too hot for my liking at 88°C. I think this will be my 24/7. Had to dial my RAM back a bit too (2200) as 2400 was causing boot problems sometimes, but would run P95 Blend for hours. But now I can run the RAM at 1.60 instead of 1.65v and also tighter timings; 9-11-11-28-1T instead of 10-12-12-31-2T.

Lowering PLL helped a lot. I only need 1.627v. Any lower makes 192k on P95-Blend fail.

4.5GHz @ 1.272v / 80°C max after 19+hrs P95 Blend w/ 90+% RAM usage:
4.5GHz 2200MHz_9-11-11-28-1T 24-7 stable.jpg

BIOS Settings.jpg

Groov3st3r, what are you using to read temps? If it isn't CoreTemp or RealTemp you may be getting a false reading. Also RealTemp will let you know if parts of the CPU are throttling which may help explain some anomolies you are seeing. Run P95 Blend w/ 90+% RAM usage w/ 5min intervals and post up a screen shot like mine showing CPU-Z and RealTemp running for at least 15mins.

This thread helped me understand a lot about the Asrock settings:
http://www.overclock.net/t/1198504/...-sandy-bridge-ivy-bridge-asrock-edition/0_100

Back