• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

120mm fans in Jeantech Aqua

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Friburg

Registered
I am on such a tight budget, I blew 99% of it on new components so a new case would be out of the question at the moment.

I have a Jeantech Aqua case which works great, but with the addition of a Corsair H55 cooler I don't have anywhere I can really fit it.

As you can see from the photo below, this case has no actual space for a 120mm fan, only at the front which cannot be seen in this photo (taken from Google).

SNC10590.jpg

The blue circle represents the only 120mm fan space in the entire case.

Here is the photo of my case. I modified the CPU fan space on the side of the case to accommodate the 120mm fan.

DSC_02021.jpg

To make matter worse is my dremel has broken. I had to make the mounting holes with great difficulty. The screw holes look messy as hell but they're really neat, it's the silicone bushings I fitted that make them look messy.

Can you recommend any kind of way I can fit it? Where is now is so noisy because of the 80mm fan hole restricting the fans capabilities and making it noisier.

I can't believe I have to put up with this ghetto case until I next have money DX

Any help or opinions would be greatly appreciated.

-Fri

Last edited:
Sorry about the images.

Picture taken from Google. It shows two red rings, identifying both of the 80mm fans spaces and one blue ring identifying the only 120mm fan space.

SNC10590.jpg

Below is a photo of my case. It is showing the 120 custom mounted to the side of the case where an 80mm fan should fit, to offer cooling to a stock CPU fan.

DSC_0202[1].JPG

I made the hole to fit the 120mm fan, though I lack a dremel now so I can't really make the hole any larger.

-Fri

I managed to get a hold of a dremel and I cut the plexi to fit the fan better, I also cut out the slotted 80mm bay below if to make the fan that goes there allot quieter.

DSC_0203[1].JPG

In all honesty it has only improved the noise I was getting by a little but it will be better for the fans with the better spaces.

I guess this will do until I get my new case once I've got the money for it :p

-Fri

Back