• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Spore release date Marc 31 2008

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Least Will is doing us gamers "RIGHT" and not releasing a game that's not done correclty.

I have a feeling this is going to be one kick butt game.

I remember when people said that about the PS3, and STALKER (not that they actually turned out bad, just not as people expected).

Oh yeah? How bad is stalker and the ps3? I know the price is freaking high for the ps3?

Stalker is actually, not as good as it the hype made it out to be.
First, everyone was all excited about the day/night cycle, which turned out to have absolutely no effect on the game.

Stalker is interesting, but there is too much running in it. It makes the game more boring than it could or should be.

I still don't think this game is going to be as good as it looks, no matter how far they push it back. It looks interesting at the very least, much like Sea Man, let's just hope they bring Leonard Nemoy back :D.

I'm not dumb enough to pre-order anything any more, let alone a game that has been pushed back twice already and whose alleged release date is still over 6 months away. I've also noticed games like this have disappointed me in the past, the last one being The Movies, it was pretty much the same thing.....talked about for years, delayed several times and then disappointing when released. I'll rent it for the PS3 or 360 to see if it is any fun before buying.

Has there been an official release date issued by the company with a press release or on their website?

Just because a game shop shows a date does not mean anything. They usually just guess or throw any date in there to suck people in to preordering from them thinking they have some type of inside info (which more often than not they do not have)

I pre ordered it for my wife last month.She loves RPG's and strategy games,and is a big fan of WW.

Official website,
http://www.spore.com/index.php
release date was pushed back; inital was Dec '07, then pushed to a wavering early '08, now settled near march 31st (for now).
I love the way it looks, but I won't pre-order, I can't drop 50$ on a game that dosn't pan out--I'll wait for some apost-release reviews.

Balancing Spore and current WoW addiction along with other games .......

Oi where do i fit in time for work.

Back