• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I have decided to go Dothan

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Nice I wonder how soon its coing out though cuase I am just about ready to blow the last of my summer money on a P5WD2 premuim and 2 gigs of DD2 so hopefully it come out quickly

JCLW said:
That just might be the one I'm waiting for.

Some more info: (translated from the dutch article)

- 2x Gbit LAN
- 4x SATA (no raid)
- onboard vga

No release date or price known. Original article here. Spec chart here. Babelfished, and a hilarious read :p

"South® Intel ICH6 or ICH6R bridge chip" - So maybe a RAID version as well.

so i finally gave in, scrapped up enough money together, and got a ct-479 and dothan 730...the 730 should be coming in sometime this week, and i picked up the ct-479 locally.

i can't wait!

galileo5 said:
Thanks guys.

So I ended up running it at 2544 (original is 730 1.6).

SuperPI (32M) and Prime 95 are totally stable.

Vcore is 1.5 at the moment, CPU temps 28 idle, 38-42 full load.

Stock hs and fan. No AS5 applied (yet).
Is it good, bad, ugly or average?

New 740 came in.

Totally stable at 2753.

Stock hs and fan, AS5 applied, max 49C.

Voltage 1.57.

Same RAM.

Max I can go is about 2853, unstable in SuperPI 32M.

Total cost:

Case w/PSU $19
MB Asus P800P4SE $80
HDD Seagate 200GB $50
Dothan $100
Video Card ~$60 ATI Radeon 6700
RAM: $115 OCZ 1GB (haven't ried it yet).

Total: $434

Last edited:
speed bump said:
Yes and almost up to 1000 posts and 33 pages currently. So have you decided on a gpu yet sjaak or are you going to wait on this MSI motherboard?

I'm going with a 6800 ultra AGP somewhere in the coming months. Gonna keep this mobo / adapter / RAM setting at least untill the end of 2006 when dual core 64bit enabled Merom will be here.

I've done enough upgrading for awhile now. All i really need is a better VGA and *maybe* a new chip to play with. Plus, my RAID pretty much binds me to this motherboard so i'd rather keep that for awhile.

So this fathermaker sells OCZ rev2 on ebay, and I put the winning bid. So I put it in, and Everest and CPU-Z don't recognize the manufacturer or serial on this RAM.

Oh well, I should have known better than to buy premium RAM off ebay..

RAM is going back to the seller.

Sorry for off topic, had to vent a bit.

Last edited:
I'm getting a CT-479 and C_M 1.3, which MB should I get? p4p800-SE or p4c800-e deluxe or P4P800-VM? I prefer MicroATX P4P800-VM, but I heard it has no voltage adjustments. Can I flash it with p4p800-SE bios? Thanks

I am very happy with the cheapest P4P800 SE. Look at my sig. That's what I get from it. About to build a second machine based on P4P800 SE.

galileo5 said:
I am very happy with the cheapest P4P800 SE. Look at my sig. That's what I get from it. About to build a second machine based on P4P800 SE.

I have an MicroATX case, so I prefer P4P800-vm. Anyone have good OC results using it? Otherwise, I have to buy another case.

I have my 740 sitting pretty at 2.4ghz stock cooling and one vcore bump up from stock... all on my P4C800-e Deluxe.

And that is not even trying to overclock it really... I kinda just threw it together and haven't had much time to mess with it.

Last edited:
You mean I may have good result using P4P800-vm? Thanks.

Daewood said:
I have my 740 sitting pretty at 2.4ghz stock cooling and one vcore bump up from stock... all on my P4C800-e Deluxe.

And that is not even trying to overclock it really... I kinda just threw it together and haven't had much time to mess with it.

Back