nVidia GPUs
Forum Jump

GTX 670 Red/Blue Pre-Image

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 06-10-12, 12:01 AM Thread Starter   #1
YouSirName
Registered

GTX 670 Red/Blue Pre-Image

First of all, I have already reinstalled my drivers.

The problem is any time an update is made to the screen (such as scrolling) everything will go black and white only to return back to normal color a split second later. Not only that but when in games or watching videos a weird afterimage/preimage occurs which is red or blue. And by far the most absurd thing about it all is it only happens in 1080p 1920x1080 resolution, not even 1080i or below.

Note:
All other resolutions work.
1080p used to be fine but when I logged onto my PC today it started acting up.
Help!
YouSirName is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 06-11-12, 10:21 AM   #2
Galaxy
Official Galaxy Representative

That could even be an issue with the cable or display. I have a 1080p that does exactly this when connected through one of the DVI ports but not the others. Strangely enough, it too started doing it after a graphics card upgrade but the problem has persisted through several new cards and even new PCs. Are you using DVI, HDMI, or DP? Have you tried using a different output on the card or swapping cables? What about a different input on the display if there are any?

Lastly, have you tried changing your refresh rate, and if so does that have any effect?
Galaxy is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 06-11-12, 12:11 PM Thread Starter   #3
YouSirName
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
That could even be an issue with the cable or display. I have a 1080p that does exactly this when connected through one of the DVI ports but not the others. Strangely enough, it too started doing it after a graphics card upgrade but the problem has persisted through several new cards and even new PCs. Are you using DVI, HDMI, or DP? Have you tried using a different output on the card or swapping cables? What about a different input on the display if there are any?

Lastly, have you tried changing your refresh rate, and if so does that have any effect?
Thanks for the reply. Im using the one and only HDMI display port on my card. Changing refresh rate has no effect. I'll go ahead and usea different port on the TV and post back.
YouSirName is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 06-11-12, 07:14 PM   #4
azuza001

If you have one try using a DVI to HDMI adapter as well and see what happens.

I blame Earthdog and Muddocktor for helping me pick some truly great parts. Thanks guys, now I'm broke and happy. :)

azuza001 is offline Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Video Cards > nVidia GPUs
nVidia GPUs