• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

6970 Catalyst Error Log and BSOD?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Terminatez

Edit .. more detailed..

BSOD
So I have a Catleap Q270 27" IPS Screen (dual dvi) with the resolution of 2560x1440. With Catalyst 12.4 as of right now. I think I started noticing the BSODs when I got this screen. People who purchased this screen said that the Video Cable sometimes doesn't work so even if it does work to purchase a new one fro ma trusted brand. Luckily my cable worked so I stuck with it and never bought a new one. I'm not sure if that can cause any BSOD problems. The BSOD only happen when I'm shutting down my computer.. you know I press shut down it goes through the procedure of logging off, then shuts down. Well right at the very last second when the computer is about to Cut the Power.. i Get the BSOD. Bluescreenviewer doesn't read any BSODs..my guess is because the system is alreayd on shut down?

BSOD Screen. Reason I bring up the Cable is because it says try changing adapters?
U0aUB.jpg.png

AMD Error Log

I also receive and error when trying to install the AMD drivers/catalyst software for my AMD 6970. Or at least AMD states I get an error. When installation is finished I get a yellow explanation mark saying error, view error log. When I clicked on it everything said successful even when i went down to the Error Section nothing was listed. (Version 12.4). I've tried uninstalling the entire package and installing but same thing happens with nothing listed. I tries uninstalling the package, then using driver sweeper to remove all AMD registries and the same thing happened except now I can even view the log.

I have a Sapphire 6970, Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3, 8GB 1333 Mhz, AMD Phenom x6 1090T at 3.6 Ghz , and 750 wats. Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Last edited:
The Error code is 1E..or E1. Lol.
This means nothing without knowing the EXACT error in the BSOD. Assuming the OS is Win7... check the Event Viewer logs for any critical errors related to the time of the most recent BSOD. Start--> Type event viewer in the Start Search field, and hit ENTER. When you open Event Viewer and expand Critical, Application, or System logs - under "Windows Logs" (or look under "Summary of Administrative Events--> Event Type--> Critical)... double click the specific error so it opens in the Summary Page Events window. Next click on Copy--> Copy Details as Text in the RH pane, and paste the contents of the ClipBoard in this thread.

Theres no way for me to view it, it doesn't show up not even with bluescreenviewer.
It happens right when the computer is about to power down. ..

I can't say for certain because this doesn't happen ALL the time when powering down from normal. :\ Sometimes it happens other time it doesn't

I can't say for certain because this doesn't happen ALL the time when powering down from normal. :\ Sometimes it happens other time it doesn't

Hard to tell whether it's software or hardware but it does seem software related like some service that is running is causing the error when windows try to stop it. You could try playing with your startup or services options to narrow it down also you could try a system restore. :shrug:

Back