• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Warning about NewEgg (my new 6800NU)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Gro Harlem said:
Well the video playback thing seems to be the 77.xx drivers I downloaded, but how do you explain my monitor flicking on & off when I play any graphics-intensive game?

I think flickering occures because you'r switching from 2d to 3d or if you use a different resolution for your desktop then for games, flickering occures.

Last edited:
do you think newegg has a backroom with white boxes, cellophane, and blow dryers where they plot to rip off customers? no, of course not they have great customer service so ****ing off the customer to make a few dollars isn't something they do. they recieve items from the manufacturer and sell them, they are a reseller.

PNY has very friendly phone support I suggest you give them a call, but first you need to correct the 77.72 driver bug because I'll bet you the card works fine.

dont automaticly jump to a conclusion, just try some of the things we advise, and THEN check back, dont go ape and start randomly blaming things just becuase you are having some issues.

just try, you might not have to do anything if it is just the driver's issue.

crimedog said:
do you think newegg has a backroom with white boxes, cellophane, and blow dryers where they plot to rip off customers? no, of course not they have great customer service so ****ing off the customer to make a few dollars isn't something they do. they recieve items from the manufacturer and sell them, they are a reseller.

I concur, they are not technicians. They are a store, and get what the manufacturer sends them. From what I have read on their site. They do state the manufacturer does all the testing not them.

Bon3thugz43v3r said:
I think flickering occures because you'r switching from 2d to 3d or if you use a different resolution for your desktop then for games, flickering occures.

Umm...it flicks the resolutions, yes. But it flips on and off, on and off forever. THe monitor will go to black, then back to a single frame of the game, then back to black, then to the next frame. If you move the cursor, it'll jump to where it should be, but it doesn't animate while its showing the actual game.

Its weird, thats for sure, but it doesn't matter. I'm returning this pos card regardless. I already installed my TI200 and installed the new 77.22 drivers and I have not had any issues.

Those of you telling me that its m fault, my computers software, drivers I guess can't read my previous posts. I FIXED THE NEW DRIVERS before runnig anything. Yes the vid part was fixed but 3d stuff was messed up. It is very much a hardware issue, nothing else.

And good god you guys sure are defensive of newegg. I love(d) them too! I'm simply posting this to warn people to CHECK their "brand new oem" parts before they install them to see if they look like they've been used. If they look used, then make sure they work properly. I know a lot of people here buy from them and probably buy OEM parts, so just be warned, thats the point of this entire thread.

And yes, most retail businesses have a shrink wrapper. I worked at EB and we had one in the back to wrap up used games before storing them in the drawers.

Last edited:
Are you sure your PSU is up to it? I fried my old PSU with the 6800NU when I got it, it was just too much load for it and it died.
Get RivaTuner and check how many pipes are locked/unlocked if you think your card was a refurb after a failed unlocking.
Keep us posted.

Same Problem!!! :(

Talk about suck. I just got my *RETAIL* PNY 6800nu from newegg! I opened up the FedEx box only to discover it is a white box OEM. I thought "Ok, that bites, but I'll open it and check it out." Thank god I didn't open up the shrink wrap on the card yet before inspecting it. There is a transistor or two floating around inside the package! I better get my shipping paid for because I really feel kinda burnt on this one. It's not Newegg's fault for the broken transistors, but it is there fault that they sent me the wrong product.

Newegg RMA is super quick- you should have a new card in a week if you ship it back to them.

If you really complain they will sometimes give you a better card for your trouble.

A friend of mine ordered a doa radeon 9600 a while back and they shipped him a AIW 9600xt to make up for it after he called and complained.

Enablingwolf said:
I concur, they are not technicians. They are a store, and get what the manufacturer sends them. From what I have read on their site. They do state the manufacturer does all the testing not them.

I think this is more to blame PNY than newegg. I am guessing PNY is sending resellers bad cards, Newegg doesnt test this stuff or probably even inspect this stuff when they get it so I dont see how this is a newegg problem. They get the stuff, they put it in a warehouse and then mail it to you, its not like orders pass a 250 point insepection. This also seems to have happend to two people who bought that PNY card.

Will Newegg.com test parts or assemble a system using the components I purchase?
Sorry, Newegg.com does not build, assemble or test computer components.

What is a refurbished item? Does Newegg.com refurbish items or does the original manufacturer?
Refurbished items have been opened and touched and/or returned. Because they originate from different situations, they may or may not include accessories, documentation or retail packaging. Refurbishment is done by the manufacturer. Refurbished products are warranted for only 15 days. We recommend that you try out your refurbished product immediately after receiving it.

Yea well in my case I ordered a RETAIL product, it says on the receit it's a retail product, but all I got was a white box OEM.

Back