• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

any news about new pentium-m?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

1cem4n

I'm deciding whether to upgrade my current rig(look below) to a dothan. I already have a compatible motherboard and all i need is the adapter from asus and the cpu. will there be a new pentium-m that maybe i should look at first before i buy the dothan 760?

-1cem4n

i think the dothan smokes everything in super pi clock for clock.
i really like mine and am glad i got it.

so would buying a pentium-m 760 to replace my 2.8ghz p4 northwood be a wise choice? i already have the motherboard and it seems like it would help a lot with gaming.

-1cem4n

1cem4n said:
so would buying a pentium-m 760 to replace my 2.8ghz p4 northwood be a wise choice? i already have the motherboard and it seems like it would help a lot with gaming.

-1cem4n
Start out with the 730... They clock about the same... you need FSB, not the multies.
You definitely get an improvement in performance!

Will Yonah fit in ASUS MB with CT-479? If it does, I'll get a C_M now and upgrade to Yonah later. I almost can't wait a couple of months for the new Yonah.

Last edited:
the s479 yonah would fit...but it's all dependant on whether asus would update their bioses to support it. i don't see why they wouldn't

welcome to the forum btw

fAlCoNNiAn said:
im gonna hold off till '06 for my next upgrade. doesnt make sense buy stuff now since it wont be top of the line in acouple of months. :shrug:

If someone always thought like that, they'd never buy a computer :) there is always new better equipment coming out every few months.

Lat said:
the s479 yonah would fit...but it's all dependant on whether asus would update their bioses to support it. i don't see why they wouldn't

welcome to the forum btw

Thank you!

Yonah (dothan dual core with a few optimisations) is coming in Q1. It will be more expensive than Dothan but has a slightly higher IPC and lower power usage. For silent workstations, it may very well be first choice for awhile.

Yes, a dothan would be an improvement over your current 2.8 P4. Keep in mind that in some apps, it is 75% faster clock by clock, and if you check out the sticky post #2 (member contributions), you can see how high they go :)

is there a way i can mount a cnps7000-cu on it? i have a tri-blade delta on it and it could probably reach some pretty decent overclocks.

-1cem4n

1cem4n said:
is there a way i can mount a cnps7000-cu on it? i have a tri-blade delta on it and it could probably reach some pretty decent overclocks.

-1cem4n

You don't need much more then the stock cooler + modded fan to cool it. The thing simply doesn't run hot :)

Back