• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Curious about a few things. amd 560 and a 5850

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Do you know if my processor is for sure one of the ones that allow core unlocking? what are the chances. Whenever i try it just black screens.. and says something doesnt support it.

Do you know if my processor is for sure one of the ones that allow core unlocking? what are the chances. Whenever i try it just black screens.. and says something doesnt support it.

Your cpu is def one that can its a callisto and they are denebs with 2 cores disabled, but whether it actually does succesffully is another thing.
Sounds to me like those two cores aren't functional, but then it could just be the board that isn't unlocking the cores properly as it is an ancient chipset.

My x2 555 unlocked to a b55, but that was using it on a 770ud3, which has the sb710.

Get yourself a better gcard and then keep an eye out for a 955.

i got the 5850 and it has a HUGE heatsink on it. unheard of by me. so that has some room once i can get a processor that doesnt 99% when i run battlefield. If i cant get one of these cores unlocked, im gonna have to get a 955. How about one of the new AMD processors? would i be able to get one of those? and by 955, do you mean i could also look for anything from a 955 to the 6 cores?

What bios version does your board have at the moment?

asus core unlocker =enabled.
Cpu core activation= manual
2nd core =on
3rd core =on
4th core =on
5th core =off

Turn off the last core and see if it boots up as a tri-core.
If it doesnt go back into bios and disable that 4th core and enable the 5th core.
Make sure the cpu v-core is set manually to 1.40v for now.

With only 3+1 vrm on your board a c2 stepping would run hotter and require a lot more voltage and they don't overclock aswell as a c3. So if buying 2nd hand check the stepping if you can.
Yeah the 955 is multiplier unlocked like your 1100t.

How big of an issue is my 2010 bios? I dont know how to flash my bios through dos. I think they have a 2012 bios now.

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/AMD_AM3/M4N68TM_V2/#CPUS

Back