• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where to buy 7970 copper spacer?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

I.M.O.G.

Glorious Leader
I need a copper spacer for a 7970. As you can see, the heatsink on this thing is extended over the core, to reach the core past the shim that surrounds it. I'll be using a cooling pot that doesn't have the extension over the core, so I need a spacer to fill in the gap. I've seen them around, but don't know where they are sold?

I couldn't find that on their site for the life of me, had emailed them asking earlier today. Couldn't find them sold anywhere else.

Looks like the core sits lower than the shim around it, I'm surprised you can run water without the shim or a waterblock designed to hit the core. Thanks for the info.

$3 for the shim. $30 for the shipping. lol

Matt... Hit me with a PM or on AIM with your address...

I bought a crap load of them for the same reason.

I have 15 of them sitting here cause I couldn't justify the shipping.

I'll drop one in the mail for ya.

Last edited:
Are those needed for any cooling aside from the stock cooler? Just curious as I would like to water cool and eventually take mine cool.

Ya, I thought about doing that. Little chicken of crushing the core, since these come with the spacer... Although mist gpus I do go direct on the die.

Back