• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Why Netflix for 360 SUCKS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FudgeNuggets

lack of content

95% of it is old and wasn't any good to begin with. I will be canceling after I get my month's worth. Would've been nice if you could see what content was available without joining. I call bait and switch on this!

lack of content

95% of it is old and wasn't any good to begin with. I will be canceling after I get my month's worth. Would've been nice if you could see what content was available without joining. I call bait and switch on this!

You mean the Netflix content in general? or specific to the XBOX 360? I heard the selection was poor for streaming content in general, not sure if there is any difference between selections that are available streamed over the PC vs the XBOX 360?

I mean the lack of good movies available for streaming period. I mean they've got a great selection of 20-50 year old B movies. Look for something you've actually heard of or would be interested in watching and good luck, maybe at BEST 5% of their supposed 12000 titles. I'm off to watch Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrells (one of their "new" movies" and then "Enter the Dragon", one of their 30 year old but actually good movies.

Friend of mine has a regular NetFlix account and gets the 360 stuff for free... he was watching Heroes season 1 this weekend. Seemed nice to me... they even had Boondock Saints on there.

lack of content

The selection of streaming titles is constantly growing. They are adding more and more. I love Netflix, both the DVD service and the up and coming streaming service.

What's going to kill this is not Netflix's selection but the ISP's moving to block video competition by caps and byte metering.

dropping in for a sec while letting the dogs out. I have to say that it does a much better job than Hulu in streaming. Yeah, they've got Heroes and Boondock Saints (10 years old), but they've also got Maverick and the Gene Autry show (both over 50 years old). For every one newer movie or TV show they have 10x that in stuff that is ancient. Like they have Numbers and CSI but they also have Family Ties, Airwolf, the A-Team, Knight Rider, Quantum Leap and Sliders. All good stuff but OLD. Movies however, they have a lot of OLD and very bad B-quality movies.

It's a 3MB app that doesn't do a whole lot. I signed up for it and canceled after the first video. The Instant Queue movies is lacking and you still need a PC to add them to your list. It did do a good job at streaming but it doesn't make any sense for me to use it with a monthly fee.

Netflix streaming content will grow over time with popularlity. However, I don't think it's worth a Netflix subscription for instant streaming alone. Also, you can bet that Netflix is a little hesitant about putting brand new releases up for streaming, so as to not cannibalize their bread-and-butter DVD business.

deception``

Yeah, I can see how if you subscribed to just the streaming service it'd be disappointing.
If you have the DVD subscription, however, it's just a bonus.

Yeah, I can see how if you subscribed to just the streaming service it'd be disappointing.
If you have the DVD subscription, however, it's just a bonus.

This is exactly how it is for me. I get DVDs from Netflix, and now have the streaming on my 360 (which is the only thing my 360 is used for, actually). I've enjoyed it thus far, been watching a lot of television series, foreign flicks, and yes some of the older stuff on there that I haven't seen in a long time but wouldn't want to use a physical disc slot for. So all in all it's been pretty nifty.

Honestly, though, I could do the same thing with a PC jacked into my television, so maybe I'll still sell the POS anyway. :)

the gold membership thing is lame, have to have a gold membership and pay for netflix to have it work. lamers.

the gold membership thing is lame, have to have a gold membership and pay for netflix to have it work. lamers.

Yep that's probably what will make me not keep it. The only reason I reactivated my Gold membership was to try it, it's not really worth keeping it going just for that.

Yep that's probably what will make me not keep it. The only reason I reactivated my Gold membership was to try it, it's not really worth keeping it going just for that.

we're in the exact same boat. I bought a 1 month prepaid LIVE GOLD card just to try it

its kinda why bother when you can watch it over your computer with out having to pay extra for it.
i dont think alot of people realize that

its kinda why bother when you can watch it over your computer with out having to pay extra for it.
i dont think alot of people realize that

Netflix is a good deal for people that already have XBL and Netflix. It's not designed for you to go out and make add'l purchases simply to take advantage of streaming. It's an added bonus at best.

I don't think some people realize that...

deception``

thats what i mean but its not portayed that way, i've talked to alot of people that signed up for gold and not realized that they can watch it over the internet on their computers with their regular netflix account

Back