• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Me likey

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GIXXERGUY6

Here is a current screenshot of the current ppd and client list me and my group are working with right now

nosmmu.png.jpg

Soon to add another i7 and 2 gt220's, and possibly another i7 if he can find a cpu cheap enough.

But for the life of me I can't figure out the Hamachi/HFM again. That computer there is at my buddy's house and it sees everyone, but yet Jasons see's UPPY and not Skully or mine. I can see them all but Skully.

I've also been trying both ways, typing in the Hamachi ip and folder directory as well as just clicking on them in the network(the ones not being shown above are also not showing up in the network.

Have you checked that they have permission on all computers?

Easiest thing to do is create a user on all computers with the same user/pass as on the main login on the monitoring computer, then give that user permission to read the shared folders. If you don't do that, you'll have to manually change the user and pass to view the share if the computer(s) reboot. I've noticed that if I try to open the folder via hamachi's "Browse folders" and it doesn't remember the password, it won't prompt for it. It'll just show me a local file listing. If I try to browse the computer via explorer, it'll then ask for a user/pass.

Have you checked that they have permission on all computers?

Easiest thing to do is create a user on all computers with the same user/pass as on the main login on the monitoring computer, then give that user permission to read the shared folders. If you don't do that, you'll have to manually change the user and pass to view the share if the computer(s) reboot. I've noticed that if I try to open the folder via hamachi's "Browse folders" and it doesn't remember the password, it won't prompt for it. It'll just show me a local file listing. If I try to browse the computer via explorer, it'll then ask for a user/pass.

I had them all working once and now that the one guy reformatted it's not allowing it now(but yet the one on his networks see's it and everyone else)I don't get it.

Not an HFM problem... but Hamachi. ;) You wrote a guide around here a while back didn't you? Another option (which is what the feature is intended for in lieu of direct access) is to use web generation and the 'Copy Client Data to Target' option.

This uploads all the LOCAL client data in HFM into a single file (ClientData.dat) and then allows other instances of HFM to target that file and merge the data into its UI. You do this by selecting Clients > Merge Client Data. Then target the file over HTTP or FTP depending on your access. Hosting is cheap and it's also not hard to run your own web server and expose it through your router.

I know this feature doesn't have very clear documentation... not that the app in general has very clear documentation. :D I'm hoping to rectify that soon. Making another push to put together a website which will house how-to guides and videos. It all just takes time.

Not an HFM problem... but Hamachi. ;) You wrote a guide around here a while back didn't you? Another option (which is what the feature is intended for in lieu of direct access) is to use web generation and the 'Copy Client Data to Target' option.

This uploads all the LOCAL client data in HFM into a single file (ClientData.dat) and then allows other instances of HFM to target that file and merge the data into its UI. You do this by selecting Clients > Merge Client Data. Then target the file over HTTP or FTP depending on your access. Hosting is cheap and it's also not hard to run your own web server and expose it through your router.

I know this feature doesn't have very clear documentation... not that the app in general has very clear documentation. :D I'm hoping to rectify that soon. Making another push to put together a website which will house how-to guides and videos. It all just takes time.

yeah I did I think and evidentally I'm too damn stupid to figure it out again :D

right now I'm having an issues with TV not letting me log into that computer

Looking good man!

Ill be back in the mix with a i7 970, a 295, a gtx465, and an 8800gt. Well maybe not the 8800, it wasnt a good producer.

Looking good man!

Ill be back in the mix with a i7 970, a 295, a gtx465, and an 8800gt. Well maybe not the 8800, it wasnt a good producer.

8800gtx is popping off 5200-7200 so far(not bad for a $30card)

Now to add another i7 with spare parts my crew and I have(just need a processor)

Ok you!

Always splitting hairs! :D

HEY EVERYONE JDSPARKS21 has all the spare parts to build another folder ACCEPT EXCEPT the processor(which I'm trying to pick one up)

There is that better? :D

Now its Better :rock:

Is engrish your primary language???:rofl:

Jmtyra, I have a motherboard, PSU, ram and alll we need to find is a i7 D0 stepping to make another i7 rig. If anyone is looking to sell one let me know.

Gix has a thread over in the classifieds section, here, which has a handful of locations where they can be found. Might want to check it out.

Happy folding! :)

Back