• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ivy Bridge (3770K & 3570K) Results and Discussion thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
About to pull my hair out with this darn Asrock Fata1ty board:mad::bang head, cant get past 4.5 Ghz with the 3570K, tried 3 sets of RAM, went to 1.35v core, gets all sorts of LED error codes, mainly 9A

BobN wasnt able to get you the bios we have yet? Let me see if our team can reach out and get another bios file sent via email that I can move to you...

Mine will arrive tomorrow so testing will be done in the coming days.

Would be great if the batch numbers were listed in the first post as well. :)

About to pull my hair out with this darn Asrock Fata1ty board:mad::bang head, cant get past 4.5 Ghz with the 3570K, tried 3 sets of RAM, went to 1.35v core, gets all sorts of LED error codes, mainly 9A

I looked at that board then saw there were only 2 bios updates for it when the MVG had 10. Made the choice easy

Ed, my asrock ext6 will only run 5.2 with rams at cl7 but will do 5.5 with rams at cl9. think there is something freaky with the board

So is the difference betwwn 35xx and 37xx only in the L3 cache? Like a smaller L3 cache for the 3570 series?

Ed, my asrock ext6 will only run 5.2 with rams at cl7 but will do 5.5 with rams at cl9. think there is something freaky with the board

I tried 3 different sets of RAM (Geil, G.Skill and Team Exteme) ran them all around 1866, PCH HS gets piping hot, USB ports keep on getting disabled in Bios so I cant do much atm, getting a MIVE tomorrow so will so how it compares. Had similar issues with a 2600k last week so I think board is maybe broken,

Thanks for the suggestion though:)

@ "T&B"

Your 3770K sample looks pretty good. :thup:

My 3570K chip seems to only do 45x with similar vcore (load) settings.

"Unclewebb" may need to tweak a new revision of RealTemp for IB?? I've now noticed that RealTemp seems to be reporting lower temps than Core Temp. I've always found them to be quite similar when reporting temps for SB gen. cpus.

WCG load ~ 6 hrs:
BiostarTZ77XE43570K45GHzWCGload.png

Also update your CPUZ as it now reads the revision
http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html

T&B

Last edited:
4.8Ghz, average load temp after 1 hour of load = 84C. Can probably do 4.9 but temps too high for my liking.

Loc2.png

I only know this 1 chip I have but asus said that each chip is different for optimal PLL.

I have 2 chips and havent found the PPL to make any difference however I did get a bump raising the VTT to 1.20 for what its worth on the Gigabyte boards.

Back