• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Refresh servers resets internet.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Colton H

This seemed like the best place for this thread so here it goes. In games such as cod4 and Counter-strike when I hit the refresh button to find servers it will find servers but then reset my modem. So I end up waiting for my connection to re-establish to join a server. This has happened on two different internet providers. Comcast and At&t, does anyone know what causes it?

I had this problem in COD4 as well. I searched for some time and never found an answer. If anyone knows how to fix it please post.

BTW I was using the Linksys BEFSR41 Etherfast Cable/DSL router. Were you using a similar model?

I used to use a linksys router and It would do the same thing. But now i'm using a netgear router and still... the same problem.

wow... nvm.. that didn't fix it. Seriously does anyone know what causes and/or how to fix it? Cause this is ridiculously annoying.

Last edited:
Don't forget about my questions ;)

When you refresh a server list, it usually connects to a bunch of servers and requests the data, IE, opening alot of connections and then using them. I've run into alot of routers that this happens with (It can't happen with XBLA) and often the cause is it being underpowered, or not good enough.

Watch your cable modem and click the button. As the internet dies out, make sure your cable sync does not die out. If it does, there is a signal issue. If not, its probably a firmware issue.

Update to the latest firmware anyway, and give it a shot.

Back