• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

fx 8120 - Will it bottle neck..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ekoh

So I chatted with a die hard Intel fanboy last night, rather calm not heated debate. He mentioned that since I am upgrading to a GTX 760 this week, I need to be prepared for a "nasty" bottleneck. Rather I should upgrade to an fx8350 to alleviate that. Say it isn't so? I did find this article at one of the boards across the street :
http://www.overclock.net/t/1320957/benches-fx-8120-4-3ghz-vs-fx-8350-4-3-4-6ghz

shows no real world difference in games between the two.

thoughts?

You're good. Dude doesn't know what he's talking about. Especially since you overclock, it won't be an issue.

You'd see some increased performance on games more sensitive to CPU speeds, but even then it wouldn't be worth the $.

It's only when you go to Sli or CFx when the intel Cpu's really start to show a difference.

Atm i have Phenom II 925 and GTX760, still getting 40-80fps on Bf4 and Bf3. You should have nothing to worry about :)

Back