• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dirt 2 and CAT 9.12 :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
New saphire 5850 and 9.12 drivers,no problem with Dirt 2 at all,smooth as silk at 1900X1200 all eye candy turned up:)

Yeah I just turned vsync off and cranked everything as high as it goes..No tearing so i guess i dont care :p

Isnt thier a hotfix out there somewhere for these issues?
Just installed my 5870, and I know im running in dx11, which is harder to render, but I actually lost 5fps from my 4890 with everything on max (including the config hacks for ultra settings)

To kkpudge and other users annoyed by the 30 fps v-sync: I downloaded rivatuner from guru3d, and used the included program D3D Override to force triple buffering. It works wonders. Vsync is now enabled, and the game runs just as smoothly as when vsync is off, except the horrible tearing is gone. Try that and let me know if it works for you. On another note, enabling triple buffering also fixed my mouse lag problems in Far Cry 2. Looks to be quite helpful.

Well nevermind the first post... It seems that it plays flawlessly with 4xaa only on a fresh restart. After I quit playing and came back a few hours later the stutter was back. Turning aa completely off is the only way to get it to stop. This leads me to think that there are still memory problems with the game? Hopefully codemasters patches soon. Because it seems ATi drivers are no longer an issue.

I hope this helps someone, I found that I only had the stuttering problems when the the 3d settings in catylist control centre where set to use application settings.

When I manualy put the settings right up to 16xQ It run smooth as anything

Back